Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Somewhere between the militant strawman vegan arguments and the 'I had a bacon sarnie' edgelords is the scope for a decent discussion on the topic, however this is GD, what else did we expect. :D

Caporegime
The irony is that because this is GD, trying to put humour into a serious subject is par for the course.

Except the humour - "I had a bacon sarnies" is seen by the militant vegan as some provocation.

The reason this thread is in GD? Because OP's initial original post/title was baiting meat-eaters, to provocating a response, rather than a sensible discussion.

Just lock this thread now, it's only a vehicle for the OP to keep calling other people abusers of animals...which does nothing but get people to eat another bacon sarnie.

Soldato
OP
The irony is that because this is GD, trying to put humour into a serious subject is par for the course.

Except the humour - "I had a bacon sarnies" is seen by the militant vegan as some provocation.

The reason this thread is in GD? Because OP's initial original post/title was baiting meat-eaters, to provocating a response, rather than a sensible discussion.

Just lock this thread now, it's only a vehicle for the OP to keep calling other people abusers of animals...which does nothing but get people to eat another bacon sarnie.

Oh look Raymonds back and is repeating the same thing ive refuted about 4 times xD

Heh, So posting pictures of steak or "bacon tho" is a rational argument is it? It's purpose is to provoke you know it as much as I do. Luckily im not easily offended and up till now have completley ignored those kinds of posts.

Somewhere between the militant strawman vegan arguments and the 'I had a bacon sarnie' edgelords is the scope for a decent discussion on the topic, however this is GD, what else did we expect. :D

No strawmanning from me, just facts that people dont want to hear, eating meat is like a religion, one I'm glad to have left.

Caporegime
Oh look Raymonds back and is repeating the same thing ive refuted about 4 times xD

Heh, So posting pictures of steak or "bacon tho" is a rational argument is it? It's purpose is to provoke you know it as much as I do. Luckily im not easily offended and up till now have completley ignored those kinds of posts.

I never left...

Facts right? It was a fact that it was in SC, and it was a fact that it was pulled from there and put it into GD. It's a fact that humour is par for the course for GD, it's also a fact that you keep using the word abuse repeatedly? and you also a fact you have not listened to all the advice given in order to get people to eat less meat and therefore less animals need to be killed and still using the same angle.

You love a fact, or 5.

In case you forgot.

Just to be clear - this wasn't a single mods decision but it went to a discussion within the team first.

Your OP and title were inflammatory, designed purely to provoke a reaction rather than debate. That's not an SC worthy thread and thus moved to GD.

So if people say "Time for a bacon sarnie", it's GD. It wouldn't have happened in SC, and why is it not in SC? OP's original post, your own doing basically.

I urge you to stop looking and talking down to people because you've been vegan for a hot minute. It does not wipe away your sin like all our fellow bacon eaters, especially do not give you the right to be evangelical about it. Stop being that guy, like the mods said, stop trying to provoke, if you want a debate, you can have one, like @413x can. Please.

Mods, I vote to lock this thread.

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Thread closed as it's become very circular now and most of the valid points have been made (and lost in the sea of GD chatter).

There is a SC thread on veganism for people wishing to continue in a more serious tone, however please be aware of the stricter moderation in SC and posts on per with what's been posted here (exclusions apply of course) will find people receiving SC strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom