Why do you do it?

Soldato
So, there are quite a lot of people now on these forums that traing with weights. My question is why do you do it? Is it just to stay fit, active and healthy, do you have a desire to be the best and compete in the sport of bodybuilding/powerlifting etc, so you do it for the attention of the opposite sex, or have you got other reasons?

Personally for me I do it because i want to be as big and as ripped as i can possible get to because I would love to be able to compete in bodybuilding one day and even tho i personally dont think i look good now im only young and there is a ling way to go, so hopegully sometime within the next 5-10 years I will have the body to be able to compete.

Why do you do it?

Man of Honour
I don't take it as seriously as a lot of people on here but I just go to the gym because I find it enjoyable, it provides a good distraction from uni work and being fit(ter) can't hurt in any area of my life plus my diet generally isn't the best so I can just about offset it by going to the gym. :)

Soldato
Only started a few months ago, but basically want to get fitter, stronger, bigger and I enjoy the social aspect as I go with my mates.
Ive got no desire to get to competition levels etc, I'd like to see decent changes over the next few years though.

Soldato
I do it for several reasons:

Protection - when i was a kid i was really skinny i got pushed about a lot and i would like to be able to stick up for my self.

Appearance - Of course it looks good, all the girls are always asking me to show them my stomach and let them feel my arms. Its nice to be appreciated with all the work that i put in.

Health - Needless to say going the gym improves your health, it gives me a natrul high makes me feel good about my self and gets the old ticker going.

Social - I have met lots of friends and new people by going to the university gym, i have been given placements by people who i have met there and have made friends with the majority of the football team.

Dont get me wrong i dont want to be a bodybuilder i just prefer the 'buff' look.

Soldato
I just want to lose a bit of weight and be generally healthier.
The diet and routine I have now keeps me active and I feel a lot better for it. It makes my sleep patterns more regular and I'm starting to like the look of myself in the mirror now. What I'm really aiming for is a good figure which I can be proud to show off at the beach this coming summer ;)

Panzer

Soldato
bodybuilding/powerlifting is something i really enjoy i was overweight as a teen and i hated it a friend of my mums was into bodybuilding and i went along with him when i was 15 and i really was taken to it i havnt looked back since i have two nephews i would love to get them into it when there in there teens :cool:.

Caporegime
right now this moment i think i will be going to protect my body.

i have no doubt whatsover that hitting the gym so much this last year had a big effect in the lack of evident injuries from my recent crash.

Associate
I do it because i enjoy it, waking up and seein the gains is like christmas morning every morning :p

Can't say id never compete, when i first started hitting the gym i didn't want to put on much muscle but my opinion has changed since then so who know's.

Also the extra attraction from opposite sex can be a bonus :D

Soldato
Killa_ken said:
I do it for several reasons:

Protection - when i was a kid i was really skinny i got pushed about a lot and i would like to be able to stick up for my self.

This is one of the reasons I do it. I was always one of the skinnier kids, whilst my friends were already 10/11 stone plus I was 8 1/2 - 9.

I do it for other reasons, it's given a really big confidence boost, and I love the way I look, and the way that I'll look when i'm bigger.

Associate
I find that if I dont train, i feel weak and tired, and after a couple of days, get a stupid cold or something.
I like the feeling of the muscle ache the day afterwards and looking forward to the next session. Also the social aspect as well as I have got to know loads of people in the gym.

Capodecina
Permabanned
To look REALLY good naked.

Although the obvious result of being stronger and fitter is a desire, it was even more so when I was set for a career in the Army.

Following on from that though, it's addictive.

Last edited:

PAz

PAz

Soldato
stress release, enjoyment, desire to be stronger (quiet oddjob :p) and bigger. im not totally one for being completely ripped, i like the solid mass look: big shoulders, chest, wings, arms and huge quads.

its an addiction, a way of life.

Associate
To be better at American Football, and because I like the idea of being strong. I also have a long term view to compete in powerlifting down the line.

Associate
In order of importance:

Sense of acheivement: I'm seeing how far I can take this

Fitness: I love the feeling of being faster, able to go for longer, being stronger, more explosive etc... ;)

Health: Gotta keep in good nick... sense of well being... sort of tied to fitness... not higher because I tend to over train... catch colds and have days where I am lethargic once in a while... part of training... control it as much as I can but if I trained for just health wouldn't be there at all.

Looks: Bottom of the list but if it's something positive I can obtain I'm going to be working for that too... call me shallow... it's not a huge deal to me how good I look but who doesn't want to look better? :)

Back
Top Bottom