• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why even bother with 4000 series cards in the current gpu climate?

Soldato
The difference between 2021 and 2018 is 1 thing - everything needs computer chips now. Lead time for a Mercedes A250E with the Premium Plus package is 18 months. Ford are taking orders for April 2022 delivery for new cars across the entire range (at the earliest, that was from 2 weeks ago when i spoke to the principle of Birchwood group); anything 6 years or newer is attracting nearly new car prices. Boeing and Airbus have again cut production of aircraft. TV makers are reducing their ranges to keep secure the stocks of computer parts. And yes, Intel, Nvidia and AMD have all said supplies will be constrained next year - the talk is that nearly 2 years later the RTX 3050 will finally launch.

Looking now at 870EVO SATA III 2TB drive review at Tomshardware is around $249. On a Samsung website is $239,99 reduced from $299.99. I can buy it from my country for around 260 euros.

I can buy now DDR4 DRAM for the same capacity/speed for less then when I've build my PC years back.

Each component has its own manufacturing process with its own bottlenecks.

GPUs are expensive, because mining/scalping. Even people who don't own big farms, but know their way around sufficient enough to make some money, can buy an overpriced GPU and make their "investment" back overtime. Perhaps even some profit.

I dnt understand how people place value in FIAT currency either since its backed with nothing but trust

Difference being FIAT can be (more?) easily traced AND if you want to buy something, normally, you can do it when you want and don't have to wait for the coin to gain (hopefully) its value back after if you're in the middle of a crash - so a lot more stable.

Back
Top Bottom