Why is my frame rate and frame time so unstable in every game?

Associate
going from a 7600k to a 7700K, didn't seem the most logical upgrade.

Ryzen 3600 or a 8th/9th gen intel would have made more sense.

Associate
CPU bottleneck would be my guess, especially in BFV a quad core is not going to cut it with a 2080S

BFV uses 90%+ of all 12 threads on my ryzen 2600 with a vega 56

Associate
OP
CPU bottleneck would be my guess, especially in BFV a quad core is not going to cut it with a 2080S

BFV uses 90%+ of all 12 threads on my ryzen 2600 with a vega 56

I don't think so, the 7700k is more than enough, and my friend has the exact same CPU with the exact same GPU and has zero problems. Plus, I had a GTX 1080 before and it did the same thing with the CPU, I don't think the CPU is the issue here. And again, its not just Battlefield V. Its every single game, even Minecraft is unplayable, I am not expert but the i7 7700k is more than enough.

Associate
Singlethread sure, when a game actually makes use of all those cores/threads? Nope.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

qJRw4ur.png

99Xmk1U.png

In some titles, you'd be right. Battlefield V is not one of them.

OP could be having processor related issues still - bad power managment, thermal throttling etc, but with the processor working correctly this is not the issue.

Associate
In some titles, you'd be right. Battlefield V is not one of them.

I knew this one would get posted, my mate has a 7700k and it doesn't hold no where near those minimums in 64p multiplayer - especially in more demanding game modes like operations/frontlines. I also believe this was before the big ryzen optimization patch for battlefield 5 earlier in the year. Second one is singleplayer which is irrelevant and not demanding on the cpu, hence the high minimums on the 4 threaded cpus which drop to 40s in multiplayer. He did upgrade and commented:

"here is my experience. I had a similar setup, 7700k @ 4.8ghz, 3200mhz ddr4, 1080ti FE no OC, 1440p gsync 165hz. The gpu never hit 100% and never maintain constant 165fps even in low settings in 64 player maps). But after switching to 9700k & new z390 mobo (ouch) this game felt much smoother, with the occasional stutters / frame drops completely disappeared (no one ever talks about this which ruins the experience in the heat of battle). The 1080ti now always @ full % utilisation."

Associate
Every reviewer who has benchmarked both processors in that title have posted similar numbers. Seems much more likely there was an issue with your friends setup tbh.

Back
Top Bottom