Why is this forum full of loonies?

Man of Honour
No i am saying there are genuine lefties on this forum, that is bad considering the left side of politics is mostly hogwash and treasonous.

There are genuine lefties because there are genuine righties.

They're as bad as each other and only exist to show where everyone else shouldn't be.

Soldato
There are genuine lefties because there are genuine righties.

They're as bad as each other and only exist to show where everyone else shouldn't be.
Technically that's an argument to moderation, the truth of a theory will be objective regardless as to how extreme it is on our arbitrary political scale (assuming it states it's intended goals which are measurable).

To give a great example, on the matter of rehabilitation & our criminal justice system - extreme right wing idealogical is factually wrong (as they have the same goal of reducing crime) but put forward ideology based solutions which exasperate the problem further (such as harsh punishment).

The same could easily apply the other way around (as left wing ideology also has it's flaws), which is why evidence based politics is the way forward.

Man of Honour
Technically that's an argument to moderation, the truth of a theory will be objective regardless as to how extreme it is on our arbitrary political scale (assuming it states it's intended goals which are measurable).

To give a great example, on the matter of rehabilitation & our criminal justice system - extreme right wing idealogical is factually wrong (as they have the same goal of reducing crime) but put forward ideology based solutions which exasperate the problem further (such as harsh punishment).

The same could easily apply the other way around (as left wing ideology also has it's flaws), which is why evidence based politics is the way forward.

Well done. That's a lot of words to post without actually saying anything :D

Man of Honour
TLDR version, just because it may be viewed as extreme - it doesn't mean it's wrong (which is why the entire left/right spectrum is flawed & evidence should be used instead).

Oh I got your direction, but IMO anything extreme is inherently wrong.

The middle of the compass should be the aim.

For to say something, he would have to speak, rather than type.

Who says he typed it and didn't dictate it?

Also:

say (third-person singular simple present says, present participle saying, simple past and past participle said)

(transitive) To pronounce.

Please say your name slowly and clearly.

(transitive) To recite.

Martha, will you say the Pledge of Allegiance?

To communicate, either verbally or in writing.

He said he would be here tomorrow.

To indicate in a written form.

The sign says it’s 50 kilometres to Paris.

(impersonal) to have a common expression; used in singular passive voice or plural active voice to indicate a rumor or well-known fact.

They say "when in Rome, do as the Romans do", which means "behave as those around you do."

 [quotations ▼]
(informal, imperative) Let's say; used to mark an example, supposition or hypothesis.  [quotations ▼]

A holiday somewhere warm – Florida, say – would be nice.
Say he refuses. What do we do then?

(intransitive) To speak; to express an opinion; to make answer; to reply.  [quotations ▼]

Which button did you click to post in the thread?

Back
Top Bottom