why ssd?

Associate
I have searched like 5-6 pages,did not find a similar thread,i know it exists somewhere...

As a user that plays games everyday and does a little bit of surfing on the net,will a SSD be useful at anything? I currently have 2 500GB Drives at raid, and besides saving a couple of seconds when i turn on the pc, will i see any other difference?

Associate
They are stupid fast. After post, W7 x64 needs only 11 seconds to boot to a usable desktop on my systems. Click the Shut Down button, the computer is off in 4 seconds. Loading programs/games is very quick, snappy surfing is also a plus. I don't know of anyone who got an SSD and isn't happy with it, unless of course it is/was defective.

Soldato
I got my first SSD a few weeks ago and am very impressed with it, I guess it depends on the games you'll be playing but it's made a difference for me. I'm more impressed with the response of my system as a whole.

Soldato
I have an SSD for boot and its amazing the speed in which you get to a desktop and can do everything you want, My games run off a Raptor 10kRPM disk and that has always been fast enough for me, so cant really comment there. But as said above the whole OS feels "sharp" but then again that might just be that W7 is a great OS

Back
Top Bottom