Widescreen height?

Associate
I currently have a samsung 19inch tft and want to purchase a widescreen to sit alongside it in a duel monitor setup.

Ideally i would like a widescreen monitor that has a viewable are the same height vertically as my 19inch, the problem i have is that all sites state the size across the screen diagonally not the actual dimensions of the viewable area.

Any ideas what size widescreen i would need for the heights to match?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies, still considering getting a 19inch the same as the one i currently have.

Is widescreen really worth it as a 22 inch screen is more than double the cost of getting another 19inch the same as my current samsung.

The sceen i was looking at was the Samsung SM-225BW 22"

The main reason for the duel setup is for cad and 3dmax work but i dont know if i can justfy the massive extra cost for a little more screen real estate.

Soldato
If your going to be using CAD then I don't think it going widescreen is worth it unless you want a 24" or above. If your going to be watching a lot of movies aswell then that's the only reason to go widescreen imo. CAD apps are better suited to square screen aswell I think.

Your better off spreading the app over 2 normal screens cos I'm sure they have a function in them that lets you do that.

Back
Top Bottom