Wifes new car..pic !

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I quite like the 107, but would never buy a new one.

I'm afraid I'm in the camp of if money is tight then you don't go and buy a new car just because of "what ifs".

I bought my Clio privately, it's a "sporty" model, no warranty etc, no problems so far and has been significantly cheaper than my old car which did have a warranty when I bought it from a dealer.

Soldato
Sneaky Peaky said:
Insurance for Mrs S with zero no claims bonus fully comp was £150..

Group 1 insurance - whats the Zetec ?

Even at £700 over three years with the higher risk of non warranty repairs I would call that marginal..

plus you haven't figured in poss higher interest rates on the loan, Mot costs, consumables are more expensive eg tyres, etc etc..

plus your assuming she places value on things like bigger engine, bigger size, more kit etc which may be untrue and weighed against her personal value of having a new car doesn't stack up

Just to add a bank loan would normally have a lower interest rate than a loan supplied from a car dealership against the car.

I personally would have gone for something like a Ford fiesta 1.25 Zetec around a 03/04 plate for 5-6k. Had a bank loan for that amount and a much better car in total. Plus in the long run the cheaper consumables on the 107 would be outweighed by the higher rate of interest supplied on the finance.

But anyway at the end of the day its your decision. As long as she can afford the repayments then I won't question it. I hope she enjoys the car.

Associate
oweneades said:
Just to add a bank loan would normally have a lower interest rate than a loan supplied from a car dealership against the car.

I personally would have gone for something like a Ford fiesta 1.25 Zetec around a 03/04 plate for 5-6k. Had a bank loan for that amount and a much better car in total. Plus in the long run the cheaper consumables on the 107 would be outweighed by the higher rate of interest supplied on the finance.

But anyway at the end of the day its your decision. As long as she can afford the repayments then I won't question it. I hope she enjoys the car.

actually in my gf's case, even a graduate loan had a higher interest rate than the finance deal. shocking i know, but it is true.

Soldato
My neighbours have an 06 Citroen C1, and yes they bought it based on costs and peace of mind. I quite like it myself, but I wouldnt have bought a new one. I'd get a 2nd hand diesel and remap and tune it :cool: - a fun practical runabout!

Back
Top Bottom