WiFi 7 certified in the UK?

Soldato
WIFI 7 was supposed to make 6GHz usable - due to stronger signal and more bands. But it seems likely that it wont materalise outside US.
We are getting shafted again, there is no point in reading US reviews of these routers, they will perform very differently here(to be frank, its similar with wifi 6 - EU speeds on it are nowhere near speeds you can have in the US - especially with things like dedicated backhaul on UNII-4)

Great to know the certifications and standards are useless.

I guess ATM I can hang tight. My PC 2 floors above my main router and wired to a Zenwifi AX mesh node and gets 800mbps of my gigabit. Don't suppose anything exists to get that to full gigabit, but even then still just an incremental improvement if so. WiFi clients on the 2nd slower 5ghz band aren't overly speedy, though, at 500-650mbps.

Associate
That'd normally get you the around 1.4Gb but I guess the loss through floors is higher in your place than mine as I've only done one floor wifi meshed, I wired up the first floor and wifi the next so get the full rate in Attic office, obviously to get over 900, you need better than Gb LAN ports on the mesh units for wiring, so if you don't have the high level Asus mesh units, you're near the best you can get.

Last edited:
Soldato
WIFI 7 was supposed to make 6GHz usable - due to stronger signal and more bands. But it seems likely that it wont materalise outside US.
We are getting shafted again, there is no point in reading US reviews of these routers, they will perform very differently here(to be frank, its similar with wifi 6 - EU speeds on it are nowhere near speeds you can have in the US - especially with things like dedicated backhaul on UNII-4)

Can't you buy a US version, either bring it back with you from a trip or get it shipped?

Associate
Can't you buy a US version, either bring it back with you from a trip or get it shipped?
You would have to buy it in person and bring yourself. It should work - but as far as I know no online shop will send you a US wifi router to the UK. You may also get a visit from the police if you interfere with airport radars.

Last edited:
Soldato
TP Link seem to be one of the first 'residential' router provider with Wifi 7

Associate
Trust the greedy folks to grab half of it to rent out yet again. If you can't stretch your legs with WiFi 7 due to Uk Restrictions AGAIN... whats the point!
Useless...
Its not even UK thats at fault here. Wireless laws here are still better than EU ones, but manufacturers dont care and we just get the EU config.

Associate
TP Link seem to be one of the first 'residential' router provider with Wifi 7

They have had a couple out including mesh devices but no sooner do they release, they sell out, probably just low volume due to high price, the bigger brother to this the BE900 looks tasty too.

Last edited:
Associate
They also have SFP+ port so quite convenient if you have FTTH without sfp/ethernet converter and want to replace router that was given by the IP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom