Wii question?

Associate
Energize said:
Does it come with a vga cable or will there be one avalible? I'd rather not have to buy a £40 for a progressive component to vga converter.

It doesn't come with a VGA cable.

No extra leads have yet been announced, or are up for preorder etc.

Caporegime
OP
Psyk said:
Considering it won't output HD, VGA or DVI probably won't look too great.

Vga won't look any worse that component and dvi is lossless so it would be better, my monitor doesn't support component so I need vga.

Associate
I think I remember reading that there will be a vga option available.

The us cube could use a modified component/dsync cable to output vga for progressive scan games due to the sync rate being high enough, if the euro Wii does not use progressive scan then it will be unlikly to support vga officially due to only syncing at 15khz via rgb same thing happens when you connect a sega saturn or ps1 via rgb.

Caporegime
OP
PiKe said:
No, PAL/NTSC doesn't apply to HD, it will be 480p.

It isn't hd though and even in hd theres still pal 50fps and ntsc 60fps even though its at the same resolution, lots of vga boxes have 576p mode designed for consoles.

Last edited:
Associate
480p is a US standard so any talk of 480p applys to the US version pal users will use 576p if the console supports it.

Pal games are optimised to use 576 lines as opposed to the 480 lines of ntsc displays it is how they avoid borders on screen like the bad old days.

Although all hi-def signals are 60hz by default

All euro lcds and projectors support 480p and 576p as a minimum but it is up to nintendo to enable it ( it was killed on the euro cube even though the machine could do it as nintendo did not deem us worthy)

Nintendo europe have not said either way YET but there is no component cable Sku from them for order so it is not a good sign yet.

The only cable skus from Nintendo europe at the moment are for R.F, A.V and RGB (21 pin euro scart).

That is not to say that they will not be added before launch as internal Skus have not been added for the old school pads yet or the wavebird with the new redesigned Rf reciever that fits the Wii (for those of you who have the old ones you can use a gamecube pad extension cable)

~J~

~J~

Soldato
What I wanna know, and haven't seen any documention, reviews, rumours or the like is multiplayer aspects of the Wii.

Take Wii Sports for example, are these games multiplayer? Imagine a tennis tournament with that!!!

What about Excite Truck for another, and of course Red Steel, would be great to do battle online.

And of course let's not forget, nothing has been confirmed (yet!!!), but imagine a multiplayer Star Wars game! :eek:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
~J~ said:
What I wanna know, and haven't seen any documention, reviews, rumours or the like is multiplayer aspects of the Wii.

Take Wii Sports for example, are these games multiplayer? Imagine a tennis tournament with that!!!

What about Excite Truck for another, and of course Red Steel, would be great to do battle online.

And of course let's not forget, nothing has been confirmed (yet!!!), but imagine a multiplayer Star Wars game! :eek:

All ive heard is that they will be split screen but no online :(

Back
Top Bottom