Wii U

Soldato
I'm assuming the wii2 is connected to a tv so how exactly will that controller work in games? It can't be practical having to stare at your control every 2 seconds.
I can see how it will be useful for maps - in games like COD rather than pressing select to show the mini-map you could just take a quick glance at the screen. But apart from little things like that it'll just distract you from the game.

*edit*
After watching that Zelda video the screen on the controller can be pretty cool as it essentially means you don't have to keep bringing up different screens on the TV. I can see it being a pain in fast moving games though!

And that Zelda is certainly a nice looking game!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why would it be a pain in fast moving games?

The screen would be used for something else, weapon/ammo/team commands etc in those kind sof games.

Console looks excellent.

I will be buying one on launch for sure!

Soldato
What I mean is games where you press select to look at your inventory and it pauses the game. If the screen is used for your inventory then you'll have to take your eyes off your tv which may mean you die or whatever. And yes I know you could pause the game before looking but that defeat the whole object really as you may have well just pressed select and paused it anyway!

Caporegime
Really? on the IGN recap they said it was a simple DVD drive..

Hmm, Reggie was asked on GTTV about the disc. He said it's definitely not Blu-ray but their own format which has ample space for HD games. So I guess it could be a DVD drive... I read about the 50GB Blu-ray on one of the news sites. Could be wrong.

The video of the robin does look impressive for a console and so does the screenshot of from Zelda.

However, if this console doesn't completely crap on the ps3 and 360 from an enourmous height then there is something seriously wrong with it, as the 360 and ps3 are very old technology now.

Nintendo need to get this console out significantly before the other two. Nintendo could sell a lot of consoles that way. On the flip side Sony and Microsoft can steal any good bits from it for their own consoles.

Personally I loved the Gamecube but thought the Wii was a POS. I wonder how this console will turn out. It needs to come out sharpish as the Wii has no purpose anymore now Play and Kinect are out.

Associate
I love the name, its like Wii, only faster! :D

I can't believe that controller :eek:, but i am very fond of my DS so have little doubt they can make it work!

Soldato
OP
Am I the only one who thinks that the Wii-U is true next gen?

I mean look at what you can do with the controller take your games from the tv onto the controller which I would find pretty dang useful for when I want to have the football or ice hockey in the backround and can lay on my bed instead of sitting at my desk with the console plugged into the monitor.
I think that this will be a lot better than the first Wii because you will have all the great nintendo titles and some of the best 3rd party titles which will be on the 360 and ps3 as well.
I just hope that this think doesn't cost too much.

I think that feature is going to be very popular. Imagine coming home from work and all you want to do is play Zelda on your wii u but your wife wants to watch x factor or eastenders... what do you do? You lose every time, right? At least now you have an option.

£300 max I'd say.

If the controller thingy is really good and sells the console, what will sony and ms do? They can't just go and stick a screen on their controllers, can they? They're just now trying to do what nintendo did in 2007 with motion controls.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looks good to me. I will be getting one for sure. I always love new experiences. Buy all consoles, keep and enjoy for a while, then sell on. Minimal cost really. Why miss out?

Only platform I invest in, in terms of buying digitally is pc. Never have to worry then ;)

Soldato
This looks good, very good. I'm bored of the 360 with the same repetitive action/arcade games, and Kinect hasn't been used for months. Will be watching closely and putting in a pre-order as soon as they appear :).

Soldato
I wonder how many are going to buy it after getting burned by the wii. Theres got to millions out there that bought the wii and only used it for a few hours and then eithier put into storage or sold it.

Back
Top Bottom