Wildstar New MMO (NCSoft and Carbine Studios)

Soldato
I don't think I'm sold on this, doubt I will renew, everyone I play with has also stopped playing because we're tired of the bugs. I understand that for some people it can be bug free but it's been a continuous problem that we just can't be bothered with it any more.

I've also never seen such responsibility put on a player in pugs in an MMO before, other than the people I play with on teamspeak, nobody ever reads the chat so getting people to interrupt specific encounters is so bad. It's literally made for people who have full groups of friends, I don't know that many who play enough.

Back to back adventure and dungeon bugs that prevent you from going on, reset etc.

A lot of this I reported in beta, so much for the "It's beta, they'll fix it" crowd, next time someone comes up with that excuse, tell em they never fix everything on time. It was okay when I got to play it for free, but not when I put money down on it and to have 1k+ bug fixes after renewal, nope.

Even the guild I joined has people who haven't logged in for days now, nobody comes online any more. :(

Associate
yeah ill not be re subbing, it just doesnt engage me enough, the telegraph thing which i thought was good at first is getting really old really quickly, would be nice to have targeted spells and abilities now and then!

questing is appalling, you go from struggling to find one quest to having a log full of unlinked drawn out and frankly badly written quests which just dont draw you in, its supposed to be an mmorpg, not mmotelegraphstuff, wheres the storyline!

Associate
Suprising to hear that guys to be honest. I'm having the complete opposite experience, though my highest char is only 29 so maybe I'll have these problems to come, I hope not though because I'm loving this game.

I think maybe a more active guild would help you ChrisJSY, because you are right that PUG's do not fare too well in dungeons, adventures are the content I feel are aimed at PUG's.

My guild is very active and I find it easy enough to get groups for dungeons, thought mostly the guild is lvl 50's now and are running Vet adventures/dungeons but there is always groups being formed in guild chat.

I feel building a good group of people to play with is essential in this game to progress properly, as yes a lot of responsibilty is put on the player, which I think is a great thing. I hate when dungeons just become a zerg spam fest so easy you barely have to be awake.

Whenever I pug an adventure and there is a player performing really well I will add him as a friend with a note on whether tank/dps/heals. So I'm always building a nice list of people to play with in dungeons, along with the guild I'm not struggling to get groups that storm through bosses.

Again thuogh, I'm only 29 so only played the 2 adventures and 2 dungeons (thought quite a few times now) you have access to by those levels, things might change for me while I level but I don't think so, others in my guild are doing well at 50 content.

I have come across a few bugs in the game, but not many at all. Again, these might crop up more often for me later. Hope not!

Soldato
I am really enjoying the game still, though I am starting to get concerned at the vast amount of bugs it's got going on. A lot of them really should never have made it out of Alpha, let alone Beta. The amount of time it's taken to sort BG Bots is also a little concerning, since they have such a big effect on that side of the game. I'm also yet to see a level 50 happy with the PvP side of the game. I already know of 4 people that got to 50, and because of the state of the PvP there, have already quit.

I hope they sort it out, I really do.

Associate
Yeah sorry to hear that, but again I am not having the problems either. (Although I am only level 29) I am completely hooked on this game and haven’t felt this way since playing WoW I will be keeping my Sub and see how they go about it. Although our guild is quite active we are on a PvP server (this is the first time I have joined one) and it makes the questing abit more exciting but on the other hand it can also be rather frustrating with level 50’s ganking the low levels!

I have my brother as a tank and myself as a healer so the Pugs are only the dps which isn’t as bad. But like you said we still need the correct amount of interrupts. A lot of people are new to this game so won’t know the tactics of the boss right away this is where I talk to the group and we slowly learn the game. If a DPS leaves because of the wipes then we can instantly get another one as all the main roles are filled.

I also have a PvP Dominion character for when I am getting abit bored of the PvE and at the moment he is level 17 and I haven’t touched a quest other than the first area. So far I have heard a lot of praise for this game and I hope it grows even bigger and stays there!

Soldato
Yeah, I've quit atm because of the PvP as it's all I am really interested in. I've got friends who made it to 50 and they are not exactly happy. One of the things I have been hearing is that PvE raid gear @ 50 is better for PvP than the current best PvP gear - that's a real schoolboy error considering how many other MMO's have done the same and had to patch PvP up.

Sadly, we are always treated like a 2nd class citizen - ESO was going to be our best hope (I mean, it had some of the original DAoC folks, how can it possibly fail in PvP??) and look how that's turned out :/

Roll on Archeage! :D

Permabanned
I don't think I'm sold on this, doubt I will renew, everyone I play with has also stopped playing because we're tired of the bugs. I understand that for some people it can be bug free but it's been a continuous problem that we just can't be bothered with it any more.

I've also never seen such responsibility put on a player in pugs in an MMO before, other than the people I play with on teamspeak, nobody ever reads the chat so getting people to interrupt specific encounters is so bad. It's literally made for people who have full groups of friends, I don't know that many who play enough.

Back to back adventure and dungeon bugs that prevent you from going on, reset etc.

A lot of this I reported in beta, so much for the "It's beta, they'll fix it" crowd, next time someone comes up with that excuse, tell em they never fix everything on time. It was okay when I got to play it for free, but not when I put money down on it and to have 1k+ bug fixes after renewal, nope.

Even the guild I joined has people who haven't logged in for days now, nobody comes online any more. :(

I can see new guilds really struggling in some ways, as game chat and grouping is tough.

We are for about the first game ever struggling as a guild being doing this long enough to know when we in the soup.

I look at the amount of chat and how many people group, and it’s not many we only just about done 200k guild XP, that tells a story all by itself.

It’s always pretty much the same people on TS, mostly long term members, and maybe 1 or 2 of the new people.

Even though we growing as a guild (around 65 now I think) ...in my bones I feel we going to struggle to make it as a guild.

Plus side is it’s still first character once that's out the way hopefully like in every mmo of the past people are more open to help/chatting being a lot more social as the pressure of levelling to max is past, and yes for I would guess 80% of players there is a pressure even if they don't realise it.

The other issue we have is normally I have a lot of spare time, but right now I have zilch I’m at work 12/13 hours a day, so my game time is squeezed, where normally I would be there pushing people to chat/group ..go a ganking :p, that's now not happening.

Loads of people don't quite get the amount of time it takes to make a guild work, and be successful

Associate
Level 30 and still loving it - the number of times I've intended to quest but ended up going off and exploring, working on my awesome pad or just goofing around is nuts. I haven't done that since the early days of WoW.

Just started a dominion character too - never really took to it in beta but appreciating it more now I'm more familiar with the game.

Permabanned
[HB]Rugrat;26478773 said:
Level 30 and still loving it - the number of times I've intended to quest but ended up going off and exploring, working on my awesome pad or just goofing around is nuts. I haven't done that since the early days of WoW.

Just started a dominion character too - never really took to it in beta but appreciating it more now I'm more familiar with the game.

I was in the same boat, never liked them in beta, but have rolled one to level ..still at level 0 for now :p

Associate
Same thing here Rugrat, I'm levelling slowly cause I keep getting sidetracked with awesome things to do!

Like last night, I logged on ready to do some serious levelling in Whitevale to get access to Arena's and the lvl 30 dungeon.

Soon as I got there some guy was saying in chat he had been ganked repeatedly, someone suggested he make a group and fight back, so he did and I joined.

Cue hour and half of brilliant open world carnage with people coming and going from the group, the other faction making their own groups to fight us, the balance of power shifting back and forth.

Logged out same level as I logged in, and it was a brilliant gaming session.

Soldato
Nemeses, any chance I can get an invite to the immortals tonight? Looking to start running some consistent Vet Adventures/dungeons/raids and my current levelling guild isn't going anywhere. If there's somewhere I need to apply let me know :)

thanks

- GP

Associate
Well, I was a complete non believer to start with. I just could not understand the attention and fuss this game was getting. In the end, I bit the bullet and just bought it so if I could get what all the fuss was about.

Now. I love it. It's probably the most in depth MMORPG I have ever played, and I am someone that has been playing these since Ultima Online. Really enjoyable game.

Man of Honour
Roll on Archeage! :D

Ironically I am having to have an enforced break from Archeage alpha, it has totally consumed every gaming minute of my missus and I. We just cant stop playing it !! :D , thank god the world cup is here which gives me a little more willpower to take a break from Archeage for a few hours lol

Permabanned
Nemeses, any chance I can get an invite to the immortals tonight? Looking to start running some consistent Vet Adventures/dungeons/raids and my current levelling guild isn't going anywhere. If there's somewhere I need to apply let me know :)

thanks

- GP

Nope its fine will drop you a invite, let me know if your game name is different from the one you use on these forums.

Associate
GP, I noticed that you have my added as a friend...Ive been racking my brains to think who Karly was!

What role do you play? I play a lot with my brother and he is Engi Tank so once we hit 50 we would like to get a good players list for when we are running end game dungeons/adventures?

Also other tanks because there will be times he wont be available, so I am not just looking for DPS haha

Back
Top Bottom