Will my power supply do?

Soldato
OP
It's an awesome unit, you should be very happy with it. I've got the G2 750W and I've changed my dad's to a G2 650W. Rock solid units and they come with a good warranty. You can also get the full aftermarket cabling kit for these. Bitfenix do one, as do Cablemod.

sweet, glad i made a better choice now :D

cheers for the input fella.

RTJ

Soldato
powercool is only good for budget systems thats why you tend to see them £20 or less new, but evga suppose to be good, but not the one you ordered as i looked at that before and was advised against it.

i will obviously be biased here, but i have the seasonic s12II 520w power supply thats dual rail and been perfect, no issues with power or noises and it powers my 270x nicely which takes 2 6 pins, so whether the 760 uses 1 or 2 6 pins this psu would suit you nicely, even for some decent overlcocking.

mine wasnt off here, but the price is around the £60 mark brand new, but a good 450-500 be good enough, dare i say a 400 too? cx430 maybe not, i have that also which is a used item and powers fine, but i only have a 750ti in that rig which doesnt need 6 or 8 pin connectors.

Associate
He's now bought a G2 650W, which is one of the best 650W PSUs available. A good 500-550W is all he needs, but like all of us, he got impatient and bought what was in stock!

I agree that powercool PSUs shouldn't be used for anything other than budget office PCs that aren't demanding on the PSU. Some of the off-brand capacitors in these cheap units are pretty bad.

Soldato
never owned a powercool so likely bias response, but i would put more trust in a vs350 than one of those and a antec vp350 over the vs having owned both(vs had longer before changing).

anyways you did good on your proper purchase ha

Associate
Yeah a vs350 is way better and that's saying something. Powercool are in the same league as CiT and nearly as bad as the Jonnyguru gutless wonders.

I'm rocking a G2 750W here myself.

Back
Top Bottom