Will there be an ocuk bike meet soon??

Soldato
I'm game.

What are the good roads around Flitwick? Moved down to Herts a couple years ago, but still don't know where's good for a blast.

The A507 is generally pretty damn good from the M1 to Buntingford. So long as you don't get stuck behind anyone.
I frequently do between Stotfold and Buntingford, through Baldock. It's a great road, was in Bike magazine a while back n'all.

The Woburn roads are great

There's also Hitchin -> Barton-le-clay on Barton Rd (B655) -> A507 on A6 or one of the side roads.

A600 to Bedford from Shefford can be good

Soldato
Ahh, Weston-super-mud. Gorgeous brown waters of the severn estuary (if the tide is in) or 2 miles of mudflats if it's out :D

Nice roads round Bristol but if you're there you may as well nip over the bridge into the Brecon beacons for a spot of sheep molesting :D

Soldato
The A507 is generally pretty damn good from the M1 to Buntingford. So long as you don't get stuck behind anyone.
I frequently do between Stotfold and Buntingford, through Baldock. It's a great road, was in Bike magazine a while back n'all.

The Woburn roads are great

There's also Hitchin -> Barton-le-clay on Barton Rd (B655) -> A507 on A6 or one of the side roads.

A600 to Bedford from Shefford can be good

I am getting married near Buntingford later in the year, The drive from Luton Via Hitchin is actually quite nice and there are plenty of nice roads around there.

Soldato
Barton le clay to hitchin is a great road ! Luton to Hitchin is faster but *yawn* dual carriageway .

Im good for the midlands area but not going south as m1/m25/m4 or whatever is rubbish !!

Soldato
Agreed, But as the gf refuses to get on my bike and we drive there it makes sense to do the dual carriageway, Have done the back roads a few times though due to traffic etc

Associate
I might come along as a protester, just to add a bit of drama to the occasion. I could come on my bike, then protest against bikes. Or maybe just OCUK bikes. Hmm, I'll need a placard and...

Back
Top Bottom