• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will we see 'delidded' i7 8700k cpu's from 8 pack, on day one?

Permabanned
That's a shame. I'd gladly pay a premium for it.
No point of Deliding a crap clocker is there ?? There are few guys that do Delid service but You wont have warranty on it.

With my Silicon lottery luck next CPU im getting is Binned. **** this had 2x1700 and 1x1700x cpus. And not a single once could do stable 4ghz even at 1.44volts !!! Rather pay extra 100-150 and have a good clocker. Only thing is I will need to order one from **** as OCUK does not bin ryzen CPUs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
With my Silicon lottery luck next CPU im getting is Binned. **** this had 2x1700 and 1x1700x cpus. And not a single once could do stable 4ghz even at 1.44volts !!!

So why not just settle for 3.9GHz, and wait for better clocking chips to come around from AMD? Does the 100MHz difference make you feel inadequate or something :p

Permabanned
So why not just settle for 3.9GHz, and wait for better clocking chips to come around from AMD? Does the 100MHz difference make you feel inadequate or something :p
cause 3900 is slower than my previous 5820k@4500 and 4000 is about 1:1 if it goes for IPCs. Yopu dont expect to spend 1000 quid on downgrade do You ??

Soldato
cause 3900 is slower than my previous 5820k@4500 and 4000 is about 1:1 if it goes for IPCs. Yopu dont expect to spend 1000 quid on downgrade do You ??

I'm not sure what you want to hear, you bought a new non mature platform, and ended up side-grading at best. As for spending £1000, how is that even possible with an R7 1700, did you buy a gold plated cooler? :p

Associate
If 8pack has already messed with one and delidded it then surely we do not have much longer to wait ;)?

I in February upgraded to a z270 system from OCuk but im excited about the 8700k, just unsure if its worth the jump since my rig is playing pretty much whatever I throw at it maxed out. If only I could trade this in with OCuk :p

Permabanned
I'm not sure what you want to hear, you bought a new non mature platform, and ended up side-grading at best. As for spending £1000, how is that even possible with an R7 1700, did you buy a gold plated cooler? :p
All on preorder so. 370 for 1700x + 80 for waterblock + 250 for motherboard 230 for ram + 120 for PSU + 120 nvme ssd. Well 945 all in all :)

I expected ryzen to OC better than it does like 4.2 range :( Now waiting for Zen 2 hope that clock better. But nevermind like i said ill buy top bined ryzen this time :)

If i knew 1900x is in plans i would have gotten that instead :p

Last edited:
Soldato
All on preorder so. 370 for 1700x + 80 for waterblock + 250 for motherboard 230 for ram + 120 for PSU + 120 nvme ssd. Well 945 all in all :)

I expected ryzen to OC better than it does like 4.2 range :( Now waiting for Zen 2 hope that clock better. But nevermind like i said ill buy top bined ryzen this time :)

If i knew 1900x is in plans i would have gotten that instead :p

Then you didn't obviously didn't do any research into Ryzen before you bought it. What on earth made you think that any version of Ryzen could clock to 4.2 ? 3.8 is about average and has been seen launch.

Permabanned

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Lol - baffles me why anyone would upgrade form a 5820k@4500mhz to a 1700 anyway :rolleyes:

Soldato
Cause i hate ******* intel thats why.
Hate the company or products?

Tantalum, tin, tungsten, and gold are referred to as conflict minerals. They are integral to the technology and other things we rely on every day: from laptops, phones, and tablets to cars, airplanes, lighting, and jewelry. Militias and rebel groups in eastern Congo, funded by the sale of these minerals, have killed over 5 million people since 1998.

Learn more about our efforts to eliminate conflict minerals from our supply chain in the links below

Conflict Free Minerals and Intel

Soldato
Hate the company or products?

Tantalum, tin, tungsten, and gold are referred to as conflict minerals. They are integral to the technology and other things we rely on every day: from laptops, phones, and tablets to cars, airplanes, lighting, and jewelry. Militias and rebel groups in eastern Congo, funded by the sale of these minerals, have killed over 5 million people since 1998.

Learn more about our efforts to eliminate conflict minerals from our supply chain in the links below

Conflict Free Minerals and Intel
People choose to ignore stuff like that and focus more on calling their products over priced or focus n business practices that many a company would choose to use if in the same situation, including AMD, but it's not always published in the press or bloggers either (about other companies) but Intel gets the exposure. I just hope none of the Intel haters have Apple phones as IMO that's a bit of a conflict of interest

Soldato
If we all had plenty of money we would probably purchase and maintain both platforms, if I had the money I would no doubt have Intels top end products and AMD Threadripper. If it's your hobby or interest and you have plenty of money to spend then why not if it's all conflict free.

Back
Top Bottom