Will you be buying Apple Vision Pro once it gets released in the UK.?

Associate
OP
Lucky for you guys, unfortunately I always immediately see all the issues.
Always pointing out displays flaws of my mates phones to them which they didn’t se where I noticed immediately.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yep and this is an tech enthusiast forum so not a great sign! I'm hoping it doesn't do too much damage to overall VR adoption at this rate :)
Apparently they had around 200k preorders so that’s not bad considering the price.

Associate
OP
Reading Reddit and Macrumors forums it seems there is loads of people disappointed with the lens glare/reflections and will be returning Apple Vision Pro due to that.
Can’t blame them as I would 100% do the same as this stuff is immersion breaking to me in every high contrast scenario.
To me lens glare/reflections on Quest 3 are much more distracting than god rays on fresnel lenses.
In the right conditions the whole screen can get cloudy from a single light source on the screen.
Took my Quest 3 out the box yesterday and gave it another go and the right lens has so much glare it’s straight up unbearable.
Packed it and will send it back to Meta one last time hoping I can get one that I can live with.

Associate
OP
4 minutes in, talking about the passthrough, he's got a window open. The only readable text there is central, the sides are straight up unreadable. That's some serious foveated rendering no? Or is it some sort of feature? You see it again at 4.16 when he's got the movie menu up, so I'm assuming that's what it is?f
Yeah it’s heavily using foveated rendering which is good.

Associate
OP
Why is that good? Surely the scene cannot be so demanding as requiring that menu to be so blurry? Pancake lenses should mean this part of the screen should be visible and readable if correctly rendered.
It’s good because even if you have enough processing power you are increasing battery life by doing that.
Eye tracking on AVP is so good and fast that you will never see the reduced resolution in your peripheral vision.
Why wouldn’t you use it if it saves processing power, increases battery life and enables better visuals without any side effects for the user whatsoever (apart from screen recordings obviously).

Back
Top Bottom