Wimbledon 2018

Soldato
I just noticed that Freeview has 6 red button channels which is unusual - this is great for me as I can't stream anything I like. I have very limited bandwidth each month.

And I can't believe the BBC have that scumbag Boris Becker commentating after his recent shenanigans claiming to be an African envoy with diplomatic immunity so he can't be prosecuted for money he owes people. :/

Maybe I'll have something to say about the actual tennis later. :p

Caporegime
Live just round the corner, Southfields is absolutely buzzing. I am tempted to queue one day for some ground tickets and see if I can get a cheeky unwanted second hand.

The men's seedings are interesting, Zverev is 3rd :eek:.

PS - Marc, where the official * in the thread title!?

Man of Honour
Also when did Roger drop Nike? It was weird to see him without all his RF apparel.

It's very recent and he's apparently waiting to get the his initials back... but he's signed up with Uniqlo instead.

I'm quite enjoying the Dmitrov vs Wawrinka match at the moment, I think Andy Murray could have given a decent showing in the tournament but longer term it probably does make sense to try and recover fully to be more competitive in the future.

Associate
Edmund is coming along nicely as Britain's #1. His serve and forehand are big weapons. 4300RPM forehand winners are spinning faster than Nadal's average. With so many big servers in the tournament, it's going to come down to who can return the best. Murray would have been a contender with his great defense, but Djoko, Fed and Rafa are all excellent at getting the ball back too.

Soldato
OP
Stan out and Cilic nearly out... still battling away in a 5th set having seen off 2 match points against him. :eek:

edit: And Cilic is a goner....

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Konta was ranked 4 after making the semis last year. After losing those points, she'll drop to 40-odd next week. Not a good year.... :p

And I see Edmund won...he gets Novak in round 3. :eek: :D

edit: Muguruza down a double break in a 3rd set. Who's actually left on the women's side? :confused:
edit2: And she's out. 6 of the top 8 out at the end of round 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom