Win 10 won't boot

Soldato
Hi,

Wondering if someone can help pulling hair out. I plugged a usb stick in and it wasn't detected. Tried a reboot and nothing; won't load up :(

If it does an automatic repair and check the SRT log it just has unable to determine root cause or similar message.

If i try to startup without automatic reboot it just hangs. No bsod or anything. Machine won't load into safe mode either.

Tried running SFC, chkdsk and all go through correctly. Ran the built in disk and memory diagnostics on the laptop and all go through fine.

I think i was barking up the wrong bush but did all the bootrec /fixmb bootrec /fixboot, rebuilt efi drive. Which made things worse but back to where I started now. Any ideas what else to try? (I did virus check the usb stick after and all was fine with)

Soldato
OP
My next course of action was going be swap disk out install clean windows. Make sure that works.

Clone original disk onto this new one, fixmbr etc again see if it's a weird disk issue

Soldato
OP
It's a HP Laptop TPN-C125. I5 Processor 8gb ram, 256gb ssd. Of course looking at my next actions everything looks a PITA to swap. Just one sealed unit not like the old days...

Just trying boot from the inbuilt SSD

Back
Top Bottom