Win 7 or Win 8??

Soldato
How to win at Windows 8:

Step 1 - Think of the program you want to run
Step 2 - Place hands on keyboard if not already (they probably will be)
Step 3 - Press the Windows key on your keyboard
Step 4 - Type the first few letters of your program (Out for outlook, Chr for chrome)
Step 5 - Press enter.

Repeat a few times, you can now open programs within a few seconds without ever having to reach for your mouse and derping about using the slower process of finding the application on a start menu/the metro theme and clicking it.

Associate
I've upgraded to Windows 8 and haven't looked back.

I don't understand how people can struggle with the concept that the start menu is now essentially a full screen but also has added functionality.

Soldato
I use Windows XP at work (deploying 7 at the moment) and Windows 7/8 at home.

Must admit I'm use to the Windows 8 Gui now, I do have a tendency to press windows+D the instant it loads to drop to desktop but find the app searching etc as Sash has mentioned exceptionally fast and helpful. Unlike Windows XP and 7 I don't find myself clicking around the control panel looking for the right section anymore.

Associate
^ Same. I became used to the GUI after about a week of use. I did eventually buy StartIsBack and set it up; I removed it the day afterwards. I do appreciate the forthcoming 8.1 button though.

Man of Honour
Lol, you boot from disc/USB just like before if you couldn't get into it.

And if it detects issues, it usually gives you the option on boot anyway, you don't always have to enable it.

Back
Top Bottom