** WIN AN RTX 2080 Ti by playing Quake II **

Associate
Hello everyone!

For a long time I was enjoying to read this gold mine of information about hardware and OC.

Now is the time to contribute and share more with the community.

Please find below my entry:

1561373171-ocuk-small-size.jpg

Man of Honour
Couldn't get anywhere near playable FPS with RTX on with a 1080ti so had to turn it off. Looked good though

I get a pretty constant 60 FPS on my 1070... at 640x480! 2560x1440 @ 50% resolution with all settings high gets me around 20 FPS which looks like a PS1 game but lets me move around to look at stuff.

Static screenshots don't really do the RTX renderer justice though - it is much more impressive when you see it in action and understand how much of a step forward it is at a tech level.

Soldato
There is something of a comedy to the fact Quake II now looks best using an Nvidia exclusive render, after 22 years of looking best on a 3DFX exclusive render, yet it still runs best on AMD CPUs. Poor Intel xD

Man of Honour
yet it still runs best on AMD CPUs. Poor Intel xD

? I don't recall it running better on AMD CPUs other than some brief periods with the software renderer (and some other funky stuff with the software renderer) when AMD leapfrogged Intel for a generation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i tried Quake 2 with RTX... non RTX 500fps... RTX ... 6FPS on a 1060 6gb :D

Here is my initial entry..... not sure if the taste of this is a bit off though...

For those who don't know its Steve Irwin... google his name and sting ray
gXry7mi.gif

Last edited:
Associate
Yep - gave up playing with RTX on so had to use screen captures from the trailers for this one.

I went for a Grand Designs angle on this one. I have also linked a suggested track for listening while reading.

nZGHOUQ.jpg

nZGHOUQ.jpg

Associate
Figured I could use the Photoshop practice.

(There's a few so I've hidden them behind spoilers, sorry if it's only one entry each but I couldn't see anything in the rules.)

Quake Drake:
QqGei68.jpg

dtQDRDl.jpg

eroZQKV.jpg

x92r50v.jpg

iUemDgI.jpg (probably the only rays I'll be enojying anytime soon :D)

RTX OFF:
EEz5kb3.jpg

93tRr2S.jpg

Keanu Memes:
cGf7o3A.jpg

DlKJy3w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom