Wind Chimes

Associate
Been sitting in my back garden for half an hour today. Lovely and quiet. The lack of wind chimes was glorious.
One of my neighbours recently fitted a wind chime. Then they must have had a change of heart after a week or two. It is no longer clinking and clanging. Must've removed it.
Thank goodness they saw sense.

Just wondering though, if they'd left it working, clinking and clanging on a beautiful but slightly breezy summers day would I go to jail if I blasted the wind chime with a shotgun and mowed my neighbours down with a sub machine gun?

Man of Honour
Rather a wind chime than some **** blasting out loud music in their garden on a summers day.

If it is just a one off that doesn't bother me - same with stuff like loud DIY, some people get so worked up by it but I don't see the problem if it is something which happens as a rarity.

Caporegime
If it is just a one off that doesn't bother me - same with stuff like loud DIY, some people get so worked up by it but I don't see the problem if it is something which happens as a rarity.

Exactly that. A one off or rare disruption is fair enough. Its constant or repetitive ones that are the problem.

Caporegime
Wind chimes are creepy. Reminds me of run down old farmhouses in the middle of nowhere In the US. Usually occupied by a crazed, sadistic mass murderer who has their victims skins hanging up in the barn

Soldato
A few years back a new couple moved into the house opposite us at the back and within days the woman had proceeded to string up a couple of these things. They weren't relaxing chimes either, they sounded grating like someone had hung cutlery from the washing line. ******* things not only kept me awake, but were just plain distracting with their constant clanging away in the background.

One night though they disappeared, never to be seen again. Some say they were cut down by a shadowy figure and thrown into the river. Who knows? What I do know is that they were replaced within a couple of weeks and those also mysteriously disappeared. Again, rumours abounded about a dark, shadowy figure. Happened again a few months later too. It truly is one of the great unsolved mysteries.

Soldato
One night though they disappeared, never to be seen again. Some say they were cut down by a shadowy figure and thrown into the river. Who knows? What I do know is that they were replaced within a couple of weeks and those also mysteriously disappeared. Again, rumours abounded about a dark, shadowy figure. Happened again a few months later too. It truly is one of the great unsolved mysteries.

not all heroes wear capes......

Back
Top Bottom