Windows 10 - Can't delete some files?

Soldato
This doesn't work either. Now I realise I've wasted £800 on a Windows 10 laptop, worst OS ever. Keeping my AirBook methinks, can't be bothered with a computer that does not do as it is told, basically. Basic operation, delete a redundant folder, no can do. Silly.

Basic user can't understand how to delete a file and needs an under powered macbook instead.

Go figure.

Soldato
OP
i bow down to the heroes of overclockers forum for their heroic virtual comments that have me fearing for my life! thanks for all the constructive criticism! you are all Geniuses! but you thought that in anyway, just official that's all.

Associate
Wouldn't a £800 "new" laptop come with Windows 10 these days? Why would it even have a Windows.old folder?
Sounds like you've upgraded a Win7/8 system to Win10, something doesn't seem right?

Soldato
i bow down to the heroes of overclockers forum for their heroic virtual comments that have me fearing for my life! thanks for all the constructive criticism! you are all Geniuses! but you thought that in anyway, just official that's all.
Seriously, do you always behave like this when you need help?:o

Wouldn't a £800 "new" laptop come with Windows 10 these days? Why would it even have a Windows.old folder?
Sounds like you've upgraded a Win7/8 system to Win10, something doesn't seem right?

Is the creators update available now? could be that. I've been on the insider builds so long that I've completely lost track of the public releases

Soldato
@james.miller I preferred your post before you edited it ;)

This video was very fitting;

And yes, creators is being forced out to everyone. Locking up systems forcing you to update settings so they can proceed to install it ( security settings needed reviewing by everyone as they have basically now pointed out the fact they aren't going to tell us what they are doing in the background ) Luckily some of us noticed we could get around this lockup via taskmanager and only having a keyboard to navigate the os to kill it off.

Last edited:
Soldato
A moron wouldn't have filled his disk up so much his PC wouldn't work, then rather than use his brain or investigate the issue, come into a forum to ask for help, that he then ignores and returns his PC for an inferior, over priced equivalent.

Soldato
What size of drive was in this machine in the first place?

Your use of the system tool to recover files would be suggested you didn't click the 'clean up system files' option correctly, then use the extended options.

Soldato
OP

Didn't upgrade mate, massive Windows Update as soon as I set the machine up, took hours. 128gb SSD, <20gb free. The problem, like I mentioned was mainly OneDrive, but tried the Cleaner method and it didn't work no matter what option I tried. Tried deleting folders individually as someone suggested, didn't work. Eventually the laptop just stopped working which seems to suggest the windows.old directory was actually important. Thanks for being mature :)

Soldato
Didn't upgrade mate, massive Windows Update as soon as I set the machine up, took hours. 128gb SSD, <20gb free. The problem, like I mentioned was mainly OneDrive, but tried the Cleaner method and it didn't work no matter what option I tried. Tried deleting folders individually as someone suggested, didn't work. Eventually the laptop just stopped working which seems to suggest the windows.old directory was actually important. Thanks for being mature :)

Windows old is in no way important :), it does sound like you have deleted something else perhaps. One drive is very easily removed too via tsk manager stopping it on startup.

Your going to have issues on windows if you are used to a mac and treat it the same as mac os. As i would have issues on mac if i treated it like windows.

but honestly, you will get more serious helpful replys if you don't speak derogatorily to people who were trying to help you. also having a little patience helps with anything new.

Back
Top Bottom