Windows 11 problem

Associate
Slight problem

I think Microsoft windows 11 has been developed by Boris Johnson
it tells me in windows update, that my pc currently doesn't meet all windows 11 requirements and that I should run the windows 11 health checker.

unknown.png

1. I run the pc windows 11 health checker and it congratulates me that my pc meets all requirements to run windows 11

unknown.png

I go back to windows update and get the same message, have tried a reboot but still the same warning

unknown.png

given the conflicting message not entirley sure how to proceed with this....

Soldato
Slight problem

it tells me in windows update, that my pc currently doesn't meet all windows 11 requirements and that I should run the windows 11 health checker.

unknown.png

1. I run the pc windows 11 health checker and it congratulates me that my pc meets all requirements to run windows 11

unknown.png

I go back to windows update and get the same message, have tried a reboot but still the same warning

unknown.png

If updating pretty sure there's a registry hack to disable the checks
Clean install you can use mediacreationtool.bat
To get an ISO that doesn't check

Associate
Thanks

Mcnumpty2323

Although want to avoid having to hack the registry, given 75% of all pc's on the planet run windows, MS need to get this update process bullet proof.
I've got a clean windows 10, the latest hardware and all my drivers and OS is up-todate so it should work out of the box.

I'll report it to the W11 insider program, was more curious if anyone else had experienced the same issue.

Soldato
Thanks

Mcnumpty2323

Although want to avoid having to hack the registry, given 75% of all pc's on the planet run windows, MS need to get this update process bullet proof.
I've got a clean windows 10, the latest hardware and all my drivers and OS is up-todate so it should work out of the box.

I'll report it to the W11 insider program, was more curious if anyone else had experienced the same issue.
Yes I saw someone say the same earlier today
Other option if it actually downloaded it
Then tells you it's not compatible afterwards
Is to show hidden files/folders
Then delete appraiser.sdb and appreiserres.dll files
From c:bt/sources/panther I think it was

Soldato
Your question wasn't clear.

Assuming it behaves the same as 7/8/10 if the TPM contains a key for a bitlocker encrypted OS drive then no, Unless you've got the emergency unlock code.

If your question isn't that and is "Assuming no bitlocker, if I remove the TPM after installation will it fail a hardware check and refuse to boot?" - I dunno. Don't have any Win11 capable hardware on hand. Cause MS refuse to support 7th Gen for no reason.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you don't use BitLocker then yes it will still boot with TPM off in the BIOS, but you are not gaining or losing anything hardware wise turning it off again so just leave it on? Windows System Info will show TPM is not enabled and you nay well not get any updates if a specific update checks if the requirements are still met as they once were when installing Windows 11.

As far as 7th gen CPUs go, well since having Win11 installed I see no mention of CPU not being supported in Windows Update or anywhere else so it does appear to be the initial scare tactic to worry people out of installing it via any of the methods mentioned already. I will maintain this thought until MS double down and actually stop updates for installs where the CPU is "not supported" - Shall I hold my breathe? :p

Soldato
I've no interest in hacking around stuff to bypass the protections, it'll just turn into an arms race to keep the dodgy OS updated and pray it works as intended. I'd rather carry on using Windows 10 on "unsupported for Windows 11" hardware.

My 7th gen PC is a tool to do things, not a science experiment I can use to stick it to Microsoft while making my life difficult. I can swap the CPU to make it compatible and gain some more cores into the bargain, just don't have a spare £500!

Associate
I've installed windows 11 on an old laptop with an AMD A10 Processor, it wouldn't let me upgrade so i did a new install, it hasn't mentioned the Processor not being supported and everything is working well.

Soldato
I've installed windows 11 on an old laptop with an AMD A10 Processor, it wouldn't let me upgrade so i did a new install, it hasn't mentioned the Processor not being supported and everything is working well.
If you do a clean install
Not an upgrade then yeah it will
Far as I remember
But don't rely on getting future upgrades/security patches

Associate
Slight problem

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Mate ive already posted the solution.
GO here and download it manually
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows11

Permabanned
Don
Don't think that works if you are doing a fresh install from ISO. Doesn't have any reg keys on a full format. Drive is blank. I'm testing something right now to do with booting an iso with bypass checks.

Nope it's purely for upgrades within existing Windows 10 install

"win 11 boot and upgrade fix kit" is what you need to sort out other methods if required

Permabanned
Nope it's purely for upgrades within existing Windows 10 install

"win 11 boot and upgrade fix kit" is what you need to sort out other methods if required

I already have it installed, testing some install.wim/install.esd method.

EDIT: It works! the installer thinks it's windows 10. But in reality it is windows 11. All restrictions bypassed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom