Windows 8 - missing the snipping tool?

Soldato
The executable is called "SnippingTool.exe" - so you need to type at lease "snippingtool" into the Run box.

Or, just hit Start/Win+Q and start typing "Snip" and it should show in the Apps list.

Soldato
When I click run and type in snip. It doesnt find the program!

Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you are on the Metro screen (press Windows Key once from desktop view) and just start typing Snip and it will auto search from the Metro screen.

No need to press anything else as typing from the Metro Screen will auto search any apps.

Should show up fine.

Don
This tool has always had a bug in it, I've tired reporting it to MS, but I've got no idea how to report a problem and get it looked at..?

When you save a file through this, it saves it as .JPG instead of .jpg

Yes, a tiny bug, but still a bug!

Associate
This tool has always had a bug in it, I've tired reporting it to MS, but I've got no idea how to report a problem and get it looked at..?

When you save a file through this, it saves it as .JPG instead of .jpg

Yes, a tiny bug, but still a bug!

Which could be a major headache for Linux users :)

Don
it's a pain when I upload snips to my webspace and I need to type JPG instead of jpg like you normally would.

How do you report problems to Microsoft?

Another one in Windows 8 only, if you right click in a folder, then press 'R' it brings up Properties.

Now select some files/folders, and you have to press 'O' twice, then enter. Madness?!

Soldato
it's a pain when I upload snips to my webspace and I need to type JPG instead of jpg like you normally would.

How do you report problems to Microsoft?

Another one in Windows 8 only, if you right click in a folder, then press 'R' it brings up Properties.

Now select some files/folders, and you have to press 'O' twice, then enter. Madness?!
:confused:

you don't have to press 'O' twice, then enter.

just some files/folders then right click on the file then press 'O'... don't right click on the folder

Don
I think it depends which filetypes you do it on..

properties-a.png

properties-b.png

properties-c.png

See in the 3rd one it's doing it, real pain in the butt when I'm so used to the shortcut key R

Back
Top Bottom