Windows 9 set for release next year

Soldato
That site is real time. You can't get better then that. I've just adjusted the time frame to Monday and it's the same.
I don't know of any other site that is real time and is used a lot by companies like MS.

It says clearly at the top of the page that the data hasn't gone through any sort of error checking or quality assurance.

Monitoring real time analytics on a day to day basis isn't the right way to read the data. What happens on a Sunday, for example, when all of those corporate desktops are switched off?

That's why reports are published monthly after being averaged and passed through quality control.

Soldato
Ugh when we get an XP machine in for a reformat it makes me cry. XP takes HOURS to reinstall and setup (finding drivers etc). Windows 7/8 reinstalls are usually complete in 20 mins or so inc all drivers.

Love windows 8.1 - I use it for all new office PC builds and after the initial shock of change my customers are all happy with it. The ability to bypass metro at bootup is such a simple addition to 8.1 that Microsoft should have asked each user in vanilla Windows 8, would have avoided 90% of it's bad press I reckon. Such a stupid idea to force it onto desktop users. Perhaps the Windows 8 installer should have detected whether running on a laptop or if there is a touchscreen present and disabled/enabled metro based on that.

Just take a image then you can re-install that image in a few mins.

It says clearly at the top of the page that the data hasn't gone through any sort of error checking or quality assurance.

Yes and if you click on it you get.
"All reports are reviewed at the beginning of each month to ensure the following:

No data collection errors occurred
There are no major inexplicable statistical variations

All reports that have not been reviewed are prominently labeled with a warning. If any part of a report's data falls outside the reviewed timeframe, a warning is also displayed."

Monitoring real time analytics on a day to day basis isn't the right way to read the data. What happens on a Sunday, for example, when all of those corporate desktops are switched off?

Real time is the only way. Do you see the stock market publishing stats on a weekly basis? NO

That's why reports are published monthly after being averaged and passed through quality control.

Not if you want to make money. Like in china when the MTK6589 phones came out
they was telling you what phone\maker was selling the most by the minute
because of that I knew which phone to buy because the greater the popularity
the better support the phone will get.

Ok have you got a link that gives out unbiased stats? I can't find one.
But I do wonder why most sites use the link that I gave out for stats on all kinds of things?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom