windows wont boot at 4.6ghz?

Soldato
Sturggling to get it to boot with anything above 4.4 :(

Not sure where im going wrong - the LED display on the motherbaord shows 70 when it doesnt boot.

Im using the exact settings shown in your post above here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20048878&postcount=3

One thing ive noticed however is that im missing 2 options which you have.. 'GT Frequency' and another one i cant remember :/

Soldato
Did you up the Core Current Limit from the default of 150 up to say 230-250 as I mentioned above? It's the only way I could get anything about 4.2 to boot into Windows. It just sat at the usual Loading Windows screen but not pretty colour things ever appear. Give it a try!

Soldato
Did you up the Core Current Limit from the default of 150 up to say 230-250 as I mentioned above? It's the only way I could get anything about 4.2 to boot into Windows. It just sat at the usual Loading Windows screen but not pretty colour things ever appear. Give it a try!

Have just tried this but didnt work im afraid - wont post

Associate
Sturggling to get it to boot with anything above 4.4 :(

Not sure where im going wrong - the LED display on the motherbaord shows 70 when it doesnt boot.

Im using the exact settings shown in your post above here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20048878&postcount=3

One thing ive noticed however is that im missing 2 options which you have.. 'GT Frequency' and another one i cant remember :/

Have you got Internal PLL Overvoltage enabled? This shows the GT Frquency and voltage overide options when enabled.

Are you trying to do it with offset voltage? Do it with fixed voltage first to find what vcore you can run with stable. Then switch to offset and adjust the offset to get this vcore.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
*edit* my memory timings voltages and frequency have been set up manually to match the specification of the RAM, but my cpu has only been on the so called 'optimised oc settings'

B&W

B&W

Soldato
1. Change CPU multiplier to 45x
2. Disable spread spectrum
3 Turbo Boost Power Limit: Manual
Short Duration PL: 220
Long Duration PL: 200
Long Duration Maintained: 56

2. Save and exit

Once booted up into Windows, fire up Prime95 and use a monitoring program to check what voltage your board is supplying your CPU to hit 4.5GHz -- it should be between about 1.27 and 1.35v. If not you'll have to manually adjust the voltage in the BIOS using Offset mode. if you fail to boot to windows increase voltage slowly one step at a time, if windows boots and you are prime stable keep lowering voltage one step at a time till you get the lowest stable voltage . if the voltage fluctuates too much adjust llc

keep running prime 95 to test and adjust voltage using offset to suit

Last edited:
Soldato
this is what i got at first try at manual overclock on this board:)

DO I HAVE A DECENT CHIP????

If it's prime stable and proved itself stable with every day usage - then 4.5Ghz @ 1.28V with average temps of 55 degrees then yes you have a gem.

Caporegime
OP
Hey again guys, been over a year but there are a few people with the same CPU and board combo on this thread, so I thought that on this rare occasion, a thread resurrection wouldn't be such a bad idea :p

I now have my WC setup running in push-pull and the CPU is overclocked to 4.7GHz with around 1.36v. Temperatures are still very good, at just under 70°C, but I would very much like to push my CPU a little further. Just cos... :)

My board seems to be very fickle, if I recall correctly it would not boot with 1.36v at either 46x or 48x, but when I switched the multipler to 47x it booted up fine and is 100% stable and 100% awesome.

I will take some BIOS screenies later so you know what i'm currently running on to see if any of you guys can give me a hand since some of you seem to know a-lot more about this motherboard that me.

Would be wanting to look at around 5GHz at under 1.4v if possible once I get my new fans for Rad and ive applied my new thermal compound to replace stock.

If not I would still like to look over my settings as I have a '70' error sometimes on startup (see my other thread titled 'cold boot problem?', and I think my chip would be able to run with less volts if I spend a little more time tweaking BIOS settings.

Cheers guys :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom