Winter 2020/2021

Man of Honour
On that note frustrating watching drivers take the corner outside my house - so many take a lazy line crossing the centre line then **** themselves when half-way around they meet a big vehicle coming the other way and nearly have an accident - some of them never learn and you see the same vehicle doing it repeatedly.

Soldato
It is crazy cold this morning but nice and dry. Hate wet winters.

small world isn’t it. Obviously knew you lived in Soton or close to West End but sharing the same dog walk route :D

We got a white cockapoo with red harness, called Piper. My wife walks her week days between morning and then lunch. Then I do the weekends.

We do Monnow, Ullswater, through the woods down to Windermere then back up to Ennerdale.

Bumped into them this morning, my dog was happily bounding around playing with yours, asked what the dog's name was and when she said Piper.. :D

Your dog is adorable, was really enjoying jumping around with mine. He's a big lad though so he can be a bit scary to some smaller dogs but yours wasn't bothered at all!

Man of Honour
Yeah frost on the cars but not the ground.

BBC moving towards snow on Saturday here but as it warms up so won't come to much.

Soldato
Bumped into them this morning, my dog was happily bounding around playing with yours, asked what the dog's name was and when she said Piper.. :D

Your dog is adorable, was really enjoying jumping around with mine. He's a big lad though so he can be a bit scary to some smaller dogs but yours wasn't bothered at all!
"Ohh, I know your husband TonyTurbo78 from the Overclockers internet forum, you should see some of the stuff he writes on there!"

Man of Honour
Well it got down to -13.2 degrees C last night and it's still -12.8 right now. It's bitterly cold outside and we had frost on the inside edges of our windows this morning. The thing I like about these cold, crisp mornings is that the sky is crystal clear and you can see for miles. The Ben (Ben Rinnes) behind us looks magnificent covered in deep snow and we can even see all the way to the Cairngorms from the bedroom window today.

Associate
Well it got down to -13.2 degrees C last night and it's still -12.8 right now. It's bitterly cold outside and we had frost on the inside edges of our windows this morning. The thing I like about these cold, crisp mornings is that the sky is crystal clear and you can see for miles. The Ben (Ben Rinnes) behind us looks magnificent covered in deep snow and we can even see all the way to the Cairngorms from the bedroom window today.
Sounds stunning. Would love to be there right now. I need to go to Scotland at some point. Never been.

Associate
Blocking might hold the snow off this weekend judging by the fax chart

Et8Id13XIAIh5xb

Soldato
A toastie -5C this morning, took a while to get the car defrosted. Weirdly we've barely had any snow at all this week, compared to the 3-4 inches we've had 3 separate times this winter.

Soldato
Snowed for about 5 minutes last night then stopped enough to dust the pavements then promptly all melted think it actually rose above freezing last night contrary to everyone else. Nothing left not even what little there was from monday. I'm fed up with this weather now it can bugger off.

Soldato
It is crazy cold this morning but nice and dry. Hate wet winters.

Just got in, she mentioned she had bumped into you from the forum, only just looked on forum and saw this :D. Wife said the same thing about your dog. Might bump into you sometime then.

Man of Honour
Snowed for about 5 minutes last night then stopped enough to dust the pavements then promptly all melted think it actually rose above freezing last night contrary to everyone else. Nothing left not even what little there was from monday. I'm fed up with this weather now it can bugger off.

Snowed briefly around 2am here but it was just powdery stuff that blew around with a little accumulating on the cars then freezing. Doesn't seem to be much clarity on the breakdown as the cold eases off Arpege still seems to think it will result in a fair bit of snow but short lived as it turns milder with it.

Lots of cold spilling out generally though - though there looks like quite a plume of warmer air coming in it potentially looks short lived.

Soldato
Last night was -5.4c but unlike night before we had a woppin frost -everything covered -
My next car will have a heated steering wheel - already got windows and seats. - I would even go back to press button locking for that.

Man of Honour
It's still -6.2 C here now and the temp will start dropping again in another hour or so. So far the -13.2 C last night and the -6.2 C now is the coldest night/day since 2010 when we had a severe winter with -24 C at night and -18 C during the day along with 4 feet of snow. We were below zero for more than two months that winter. The only time I have been colder was the three winter tours of the Falklands that I did when in the RAF.

Soldato
My next car will have a heated steering wheel - already got windows and seats. - I would even go back to press button locking for that.
Go Electric - scheduled pre-heating gets the car up to 22c automatically and fully defrosted in less than 10mins :)
Most also come with a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats too - kids love it :)

Soldato
Hell of a strong bitter wind again, but dry and Frost free, the house is 11 C when I get home, altime low, humidifier not been triggered at all
Need to suss my heating timer out I wired the thing on to my boiler main board from a doner boiler but have never used

Back
Top Bottom