Winter 2020/2021

Soldato
It's just possible this thread might be able to finally rest in peace, weather looks dry and comfortably warm up to including June 1st on the south coast... I've cursed it now.

Bah its been a nice change from the endless drought thats the norm at this time of year, once it warms up it won't rain until until autumn. Lawn has has been mown more in the last fortnight than its been in the last six months its normally turning into a dustbowl by now

Soldato
I thought the BBC had moved on from using information that makes it look like global warming started from a "normal" temperature in 1850... it is a disgraceful misrepresentation.

While I do think we've contributed somewhat to climate change, I do believe it's also part of a natural cycle and I do find there's a lot of irony in trying to control the temperature at a "perfect" for human temperature, when human interference with the temperature changing is supposedly the problem

Man of Honour
While I do think we've contributed somewhat to climate change, I do believe it's also part of a natural cycle and I do find there's a lot of irony in trying to control the temperature at a "perfect" for human temperature, when human interference with the temperature changing is supposedly the problem

Problem for me is - it is only in the last 20 years or so (not to say it is limited to that) we've actually seen temperatures and temperature trends outside of what has been the range for the last few 100s even 2000 years. I'm not saying there isn't a concern there, very much the opposite, but using 1850 like that is deceptive at best even if well intended. (Events around that period of history lead to a blip downwards below what is approximately a "normal" temperature range).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_temperature_record

Back
Top Bottom