Winter 2023/24 - It's FREEZING!

Caporegime
OP
Clipboard02.jpg

Caporegime
Warm in Newcastle, I have my kitchen window and balcony door open.

Thermometer is telling me 10c so tshirt weather for northerners.

I saw them grit the roads last night too, they must have read the daily mail or something

Last edited:
Soldato
Warm in Newcastle, I have my kitchen window and balcony door open.

Thermometer is telling me 10c so tshirt weather for northerners.

I saw them grit the roads last night too, they must have read the daily mail or something
Frost here overnight but now its 12c... damn that daily mail weather.

Caporegime
Frost here overnight but now its 12c... damn that daily mail weather.
yea thats normal weather for this time of year? but the scare articles come out.

I've noticed people are even scared of the rain these days, even light rain I will see hardly any people out and about.

Rain doesn't bother me at all, used to stay out as a teenager and get soaked all the time, it's just rain..
you'd think it was acid rain with how people are..

Worst weather imo is when it's windy as hell, which it often is up north. struggling to breath, struggling to walk, on a bike you feel like someone is pushing your front wheel sideways.
also likely more dangerous than a bit of rain or light snow.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
yea thats normal weather for this time of year? but the scare articles come out.

I've noticed people are even scared of the rain these days, even light rain I will see hardly any people out and about.

Rain doesn't bother me at all, used to stay out as a teenager and get soaked all the time, it's just rain..
you'd think it was acid rain with how people are..

Worst weather imo is when it's windy as hell, which it often is up north. struggling to breath, struggling to walk, on a bike you feel like someone is pushing your front wheel sideways.
also likely more dangerous than a bit of rain or light snow.

Rain usually doesn't bother me at all, but when it goes on and on and on...... Flooding fields, peoples homes then it bothers me :(

One of the worst Winters I can remember for the amount of rain, also the lack of sun!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Rain usually doesn't bother me at all, but when it goes on and on and on...... Flooding fields, peoples homes then it bothers me :(

One of the worst Winters I can remember for the amount of rain, also the lack of sun!
a lot of flooding is down to councils doing nothing to prevent it imo, Blocked drains etc they just don't care.

City centre park here overflows every time it rains, there's a drain one one side of the lake thats clearly been blocked for about 10 years

literally you go there and theres a bonfire worth of sticks next to the whirlpool like drain hole. barely any water flows through because it's probably just full of mud and blocked.

No money for nothing in this country.

I bet everyone knows of a local road that half fills with water every time it rains, and I bet that road has a drainhole where the water pools

Last edited:
Caporegime
I absolutely hate this weather. Been out for a walk today. It's good to get out.. But man, it is grim.

Rain is relentless this winter.

Been like this for years and seems to get worse. Shame it doesn't get cold like it used to 15-20 years ago.

Really hope can manage to emigrate somewhere drier soon.
Hot/cold doesn't matter. It's just constant gloom that gets to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom