Winter 2023/24 - It's FREEZING!

Soldato
Yay I had a dry picnic, you can just make out the Camel estuary with my oppo

Screenshot-2024-03-02-13-21-04-21-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Soldato
Its yet another reason for emigration for me.
UK is getting wetter and wetter. And it's my least favourite weather.

Sure you can do outdoors stuff in the rain. But it sucks compared to dry (cold or hot)

Only gonna get worse
It's going to be the same wherever you escape to, unless you decide to live in the Sahara

Soldato
Yep snow on the M5, in wiltshire, salisbury and someone said to me their daughter sent a picture from Bristol where they had 2 inches of the stuff. No snow but incessant mist murk flooding and rain here there was a 15 car pile up on the M23 last night no-one seriously injured thank goodness.

Sun actually came out today. Yes that! Couldn't believe it.

Soldato
Usually start more outdoor activities and exercise etc in March, this year many lakes, rivers, fields etc flooded

Looks like at least a week of mainly dry weather coming though

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it's dry but that easterly is biting cold , need to get down to the beach to shelter.
Btw been to landfill, had a full day in the garden yesterday.lawn needed a trim but left it a decent length for frost protection seems a shame to waste a trip to Timtagel

IMG20240308095653.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Wet is not the word , I had a lot of trouble just getting home from Bodmin , the fields are saturated and farmers field run off everywhere, cut through St Mabyn was the best option, had to turn back from a worse puddle than this
edit/ changed place name

IMG20240304131547.jpg
Looks like my garden on a bad day
Not joking

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm surprised I'm the old reviving this thread after a chilly week.

It might have been mostly dry, but so grey and that mostly northerly breeze... Just so uninviting to go out in, hard to believe it's late April! :(

And it's expected to be similar temps but wet over most of the next ten days, including the Bank Holiday weekend. :(:(:(

Man of Honour
I'm surprised I'm the old reviving this thread after a chilly week.

It might have been mostly dry, but so grey and that mostly northerly breeze... Just so uninviting to go out in, hard to believe it's late April! :(

And it's expected to be similar temps but wet over most of the next ten days, including the Bank Holiday weekend. :(:(:(

Very cold evenings and barely any sun to warm it up in the day. Was a little warmer today. Haven’t had the heating on this late in April for a while.

That said, I don’t really want it to be too hot either. Makes work much more manageable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom