Witcher 3

Caporegime
I think it's more the PC version has been cut back to match the consoles from what I was reading ?
Yeah that's my understanding - don't think CDPR ever showed console footage (nor did they attempt to claim footage shown was from consoles) so it seems the current downgrade info is directed at PC gamers.

Far more likely to give a dev like CDPR the benefit of the doubt than Ubisoft though. I'm sure they aren't interested in squandering their goodwill...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
By the end of the game, 36 different world states are available, depending on your actions. The main story also has multiple endings, and some are definitely more satisfying than others, which I wish wasn't the case. In such a big game, you want to walk away feeling like your time was well spent. My initial ending rubbed me the wrong way, and the disappointment lingered long after the credits rolled. For the most part though, I reveled in the experience leading up to it, even more than I did in past games.

Nice.

Soldato
Really looking forward to this. I can’t seem to play anything other than RPGs these days. More to the point, anything else just momentarily keeps my attention, but I just end up wishing I had something like Skyrim to play again / still.

Dragon age was good fun, but admittedly it lacked something .. not sure what – and the story for some reason confused me 
Hoping the Witcher will fill the vacancy…. Though maybe I’ll read the books to get “into the world” first.

Soldato
7 days to go :)

I can't wait now, proper excited for this one, especially as I've not got much to play at the moment besides the usual FIFA and NHL. I just need to finish off The Evil Within in the next few days so I'm ready.

Associate
There will be a release patch to improve performance. Even as it is though it sounds like the performance issues don't detract too much from the overall experience, as the vast majority of areas in the game perform fine.

I don't think they'll ever hit a consistent 30FPS, but i think the obvious drops will be ironed out before long.

Associate
Either way I'm happy with how this game is turning out, just pointing out for those whom unsteady fps affects their enjoyment. A gamer with an early copy posted the following about the games fps:

Been playing a while now and it has some frame rate issues. In a game so beautiful and with so much details. It's kinda frustrating experiencing it in 30 and bellow. NPC's and monsters have bad animation frame rate and are really not flattering if they are a little bit away from you.

Combat is also effected by low frame rate as it feels and looks like a game struggling with pushing out enough frames fast enough.

If you have a PC that can deliver good enough frame rate. Please do yourself a favor and just go for that straight away.

Take it as you will.

Back
Top Bottom