With all the remasters etc how come medal of honor AA isnt one yet?

Soldato
Hey.

Dunno about anyone else but i was thinking just now and that a lot of games are getting remakes or remasters, like gta 3-sa, mafia, ff7 etc.

How come a classic like mohaa hasnt got one.

It was fab in its day, mp was pretty fun i musta clocked in 2000 hours on that. (spearhead mp mainly). Quite enjoyed that freezer tag mod for mp i must admit too.

I enjoyed the sp story too.

I wonder what a remaster of that would be like. Long as they dont change the game except gfx and maybe controls to be a bit more modern maybe but no horrid gimmicks like level ups or awards etc leave that crap to bf and cod :D

If it were to get a do over what would be best you reckon, a remaster or remake.

Associate
Usually they polish up the graphics, so they look different/better, depending on the eye that beholds it. Warcraft 3 remake was a total train-wreck, and they managed to destroy the original game as well in the process. I was hoping for ladders that I could climb the ranks of, like I did back in the early 00s. But now, a couple years after release, it's still a mess that lacks most functionalities the fans of it used to love. I say used to love, because even though a lot of people was still playing the original, they destroyed the original also in the process of remastering.

C&C remakes are pretty nice. But the game doesn't feel entirely right for me with the polished graphics. Same with Diablo 2. I tried it a little while, but... it's not for me. My nostalgia for the game lies with the graphics as well. It is nice that they rebooted it tho, but just not for me.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is another example of a failed remake/remaster. I can't even see the so-called improvement in graphics. The game looks exactly the same to me. And to top that off, a lot of content is missing. No thanks, I'll stick to the original on that one. And still wish I could when it comes to Warcraft 3...

Associate
I'm with you. Mohaa is my most favourite game of all time, sooo many hours into that game. Yes freeze tag is awesome! I still play it from time to time, plenty of servers still going.

Soldato
Didn't EA's CEO say he doesn't really like remasters? You bring up a good case though, I'd definitely have expected MoH to get a remaster, even with the FPS audience being so wildly different today, it can't take that many copies for them to make money off of a remaster. They did do a VR spin-off recently, and BF was WW1/2 themed so maybe they didn't want to take audience from that? I'd be surprised if they don't try to launch MoH again.

Soldato
One that I'm looking forward too, and am just hoping they don't ruin it by adding in all the usual modern **** (onscreen mission pointers, quick saves, x-ray vision et al.) for the idiot generation is this

https://www.igithegame.com/

The original is one of my all time top 5 games.
Had no idea this was in the works.... Thank you for sharing. And I'm with you - definite top 5 shooter of all time. Loved it.

Caporegime
Would be nice as it was a great game back in the day, i was part of the aa.com community from early 2001 that had the devs posting on the forum, that was when they actually participated instead of hiding behind a corporate wall tone deaf to everything.

This was the first ever vid i seen of the game and back then it was jaw dropping compared to what i was playing at the time (day of defeat).

Just a pity the movement mechanics had to change, in the early versions the camera system was very different, but it caused clipping isssues so by the time the game came out it was a more traditional camera. The bridge seen at the end of the video was a massive level but was cut as the level was only marginally bigger than whats visible in the clip and they were apparently having issues making it bigger.

That Omaha video was released in 4 parts of the course of 4 weeks and it had everyone salivating, but again some things in the early versions were better than the final version, more interaction with people on the beach, more conversations going on you could tune into etc. The reason the game had no prone was it was only ever animated for the m1 garand, to animate it for the rest of the weapons would take additional time, the game was already delayed from September 2001 to Januaray 2002 yet review sites had the strange notion it came out on time. :confused:

Would love to see the game on a modern engine with updated assets, 4k textures, hi poly models etc.

Permabanned
Hey.

Dunno about anyone else but i was thinking just now and that a lot of games are getting remakes or remasters, like gta 3-sa, mafia, ff7 etc.

How come a classic like mohaa hasnt got one.

It was fab in its day, mp was pretty fun i musta clocked in 2000 hours on that. (spearhead mp mainly). Quite enjoyed that freezer tag mod for mp i must admit too.

I enjoyed the sp story too.

I wonder what a remaster of that would be like. Long as they dont change the game except gfx and maybe controls to be a bit more modern maybe but no horrid gimmicks like level ups or awards etc leave that crap to bf and cod :D

If it were to get a do over what would be best you reckon, a remaster or remake.

There is one, but it is on VR. And the story changed. It's called Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.

Feels like MOHAA in places but weaker.

Last edited:
Soldato
Given that EA cannot even be bothered to release NHL 22 onto PC, and haven't done for years, because they figure they won't make the money back as the PC audience is too small, I just can't see a MOHAA remaster coming at all unfortunately.

Associate
The image of the lean-strafing or whatever that technique was called with modern graphics makes me lol. It'd be like something out of Garry's mod.

Man of Honour
One issue is it is set in a non-fictional setting which has had other modern games released, e.g. COD WW2 or BF5. So it's kind of been done before, it's not like they've got some special lore that only they have access to, some special storyline that's been dormant for 20 years.
Basically any WW2 FPS from any developer is loosely equivalent to a MOHAA remaster.

Associate
There is one, but it is only one VR. And the story changed. It's called Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.

Feels like MOHAA in places but weaker.

So Dreamworks created the original, some devs left to form Infinity Ward and create Call of Duty, some devs left IW to form Respawn Entertainment and now Respawn work on MoH: Above and Beyond.
Very neat.

Back
Top Bottom