• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

With EVGA gone, who are the next best option?

MrH

MrH

Associate
I'm currently saving for a 5080 and I'm wondering which, if any brands offer good customer support and reliable products in the UK? From what I've been reading ASUS are horrendous, so I wouldn't go with them.

Soldato
buying new the FE, buying used I go for Gigabyte triple fan designs with beefy heat sinks usually. I really like those cards personally and think they are better than the FE

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
OCUK now have a couple of brands where they can act as the first point for RMA issues if I remember correctly for a couple of brands, so you get a quick turnaround on any issues.

@Gibbo can probably list which ones those are.

Soldato
ASUS and Zotac and PNY are challenging to get warranty a claim. Gigabyte and MSI are better but really if you buy from a shop they will deal with the warranty. If either the GFX company or the shop you bought the card from does not deal with the warranty in a fair time period you are entitles to a refund or brand new replacement.

ASUS card are very well made, their 4090 is the best of the lot, including the founder edition cards. But as other have stated the founder edition card are very well made, personally don't like their looks but that a personal matter. If you like them nothing wrong with them and Nvidia have good warranty turnaround time.

Associate
I'm currently saving for a 5080 and I'm wondering which, if any brands offer good customer support and reliable products in the UK? From what I've been reading ASUS are horrendous, so I wouldn't go with them.
Zotac 5 years warranty!

Man of Honour
Zotac 5 years warranty!
The only caveat I'd make about that, is with warranty shenanigans you can end up being offered much less than you'd think.

For example: they say after 3 years: "well, you have had 3 years of use, so you can have a 60% refund" and if you purchased a 4090 for £1500, that is £900, which with the slow pace of progress doesn't necessarily get you a suitable replacement.

In the 90s, 2000s and early 2010s this was not an issue at all, but in 2024? Yeah, it can be.

This thread had a happy resolution in the end, but worth knowing:

Associate
Its a crying shame they (EVGA) are out of the fray. Wonderful video cards
I still have one of their 1080TI's. Box and everything, its pristine (and in a system in fact)

Its probably too early to speculate still. Also it seems like they never do the same job with each model (one crowd does a good xx70, one a good xx80, etc)

Last edited:
Associate
Not a fan of Gigabyte at all. Their rep disappeared off here after their QC went a bit poor.
To be fair to the guy I referenced above, he was getting absolute pelters on here from a load of people due to their hardware going downhill, yet always remained polite and helpful. Looking back, poor guy was probably overwhelmed with it all.

Back
Top Bottom