• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

With EVGA gone, who are the next best option?

4090 fe, fans start at 30% but as it ramps up they get loud, especially compared to the aib cards ive always bought previously that i could have running at 60%+ before the noise got distracting.

i should just get cable extenders and move my pc away cause im easily annoyed by fans :P
Something up then, because this 4080s has the same cooler but it's nice and quiet. Maybe tweak your fan profile?

Something up then, because this 4080s has the same cooler but it's nice and quiet. Maybe tweak your fan profile?

My 4090FE is pretty damned quiet too, though it’s sat by the TV six feet away, rather than next to me on a desk.

Last couple of cards have been FE, can’t see that changing any time soon TBH unless Nvidia drop the ball.

EDIT: Saying that, I’ve still got a Zotac 2080Ti that’s going strong in my kids PC, and it’s only just gone out of warranty. Can’t knock a 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
I used to always go for EVGA, they will be missed.
Only had one zotac card and the warranty was a nightmare. Never again for me. Gigabyte or FE here.

To be honest I'd say its all about the supplier of the GPU and their customer service nowadays,

Buy from a good supplier and you will be looked after, certainly for the first couple of years, but yeah for most of us I guess buying new each generation has long gone with the way prices have gone.

I've had a 4090 from release and had to have it swapped out once, 8 months into ownership. Thankfully it was a painless process and was able to choose another brand that happened to be in stock at the time.

longer warranty worth nothing when after 14 months they only offer you 75% of the card value if it breaks as was seen in a recent post about zotac warranty
That wasn't my experience, refuse to accept their offer. Overclockers UK sorted my warranty and were brilliant. I got a 4090 Suprim X as replacement. I got a better card and registered it no problem. I didn't deal with Zotac direct so that might have been different. Lesson:Only buy Zotac if going through OC UK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom