Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

Soldato
OP
From a promoting point of view boxing isn't much different to pro wrestling people still like to watch good guys v bad guys.

Haye is playing the cocky baddie role be no good if him and Wlad were slapping each other on the back saying how much they respect each other that wouldn't sell any fights!

He practically sold snow to the eskimos selling that Harrison fight to people, blimey anyone who knew anything about boxing knew that fight was a turkey from day 1 but they managed to suck people into thinking it was a real grudge match from the promoting.

Now you've got people wanting to see Haye get sparked for being such a loud mouth and people wanting to see Haye shake the heavyweight division up by taking a Klitschko down what both groups have in common is they'll probably be shelling out £15 for the fight which is all they care about!

I've only brought a boxing PPV once (Hatton V Mayweather) but will be buying this one and I reckon it's going to do huge business probably be the biggest UK boxing PPV imo.

Soldato
OP
Can't believe for a minute he won't fight Vitali if he wins all this talk of retiring is just trying to force their hand into making the fight imo.

His legacy relys on beating both klitschkos, beating one then packing up will just make him look like he's ducking Vitali.

Soldato
OP
Looking forward to tonight will be only the second boxing PPV I've gone for (first was Hatton v Mayweather) been a very long time since a top heavyweight fight.

Shall be supporting the Haymaker this evening, imagine he already knows he'll never get a points win in Germany so needs to get a knockout which hes capable of just depends on how many of wlads jabs he eats trying to get it!

Soldato
OP
Weather sounds dodgy in Hamburg pretty rainy, talk of the fight being delayed or cancelled depending on what it's like later on!

God knows what happens if the weather cancels a fight dont think I've ever seen it happen, would they move it to tomorrow I wonder?

Soldato
OP
Yep always the same with boxing you pay your £50+ subscription, £15 for the fight and they still put ads in!

We're lucky WWE don't put ads in their PPV's that's why its 3 hours straight through. I've actually brought way more Wrestling PPV's than boxing cos I know I'm going to get 3 hours of action tonight we might get 3 minutes!

Soldato
OP
Bit of a dull fight that, if they'd fought till midnight they wouldn't have knocked one another out!

The ref holding their hands at the end to raise one looks like when the footballers walk out before the game with a mascot!!

Soldato
OP
Stood toe to toe Klitschko looks just so much bigger. Not slow lumbering lump bigger like Valuev but proper heavyweight bigger.

Hard to see how he's going to get a meaningful shot in without eating jabs all night.

Back
Top Bottom