Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
That is exactly what I did and they sanctioned me just for asking.

Am banned now and never would have gone back after that anyway.

I already got my last job through them while in the Support Group and it was never a problem, different city and jobcentre though might be why.

They only hire idiots whose primary goal is to stop all benefits no matter what the actual legal rights are.

Yes it can be hit and miss even in the same centre. You should have just clarified that they have misunderstood what you were asking. There's no way they should be able to sanction someone who is looking for suitable non heavy manual labour work for up to 16 hours. You should have just referred them to their own literature and asked them to clarify whether the rules have changed if they are telling you something you believe not to be true. Some are very jobs worth types from a bye gone era, obviously didn't get any memo's or staff training on customer service.

Associate
Yes it can be hit and miss even in the same centre. You should have just clarified that they have misunderstood what you were asking. There's no way they should be able to sanction someone who is looking for suitable non heavy manual labour work for up to 16 hours. You should have just referred them to their own literature and asked them to clarify whether the rules have changed if they are telling you something you believe not to be true. Some are very jobs worth types from a bye gone era, obviously didn't get any memo's or staff training on customer service.

I did all that just very loudly and full of expletives. They didn't care and just banned me instead.

Associate
You will still have the ESA assessment right? If you don’t turn up the payments will stop.

No I'm not allowed to go to any assessments or DWP / Jobcentre things anymore. My ESA hasn't been reassessed in over 5 years now.

Get angry and say some naughty things to them and perma support group with no more reassessments lol!

Associate
And you still get payments. Madness

Yup. Endless payments for having a telephone meltdown over being wrongly sanctioned. I did not know or plan this its what happened.

And the DWP are so smug that they think I'm somehow being punished living in a free house with a free £17k a year and never having to work, oh noez! (Do remember I have never refused to work).

Conservatives are so evil and right wing lol not.

Soldato
Yup. Endless payments for having a telephone meltdown over being wrongly sanctioned. I did not know or plan this its what happened.

And the DWP are so smug that they think I'm somehow being punished living in a free house with a free £17k a year and never having to work, oh noez! (Do remember I have never refused to work).

Conservatives are so evil and right wing lol not.

Don’t you stay with your parents? Sure you said that in the Huel thread

Associate
Don’t you stay with your parents? Sure you said that in the Huel thread

Did you happen to miss all my posts about my fitted lounge and bedrooms?

Poor you. Had a free house since 2018. Always intended to do 4-12 hours of work a week to help pay it off quicker. Doesn't look thats ever going to happen.

I dont refuse to work, employers refuse to hire me because my body hurts. Id still be stacking shelves and waiting tables if the last employer didn't say I was too slow.

Man of Honour
Whilst that is vile…that was done because he screwed up. The colour of his skin isn’t mentioned once yet in Durham it clearly is. The colour of their skin is also clearly mentioned in the online abuse.

The Guardian, which is proudly biased in favour of any claim of racism against anyone who isn't "white", analysed 845,000 tweets about it and found 44 (i.e. about 1 in 20,000) that the Guardian decided were racist (which probably means that none of them actually were racist). None of them could be traced to the UK.

While there might be some tiny amount of racism, it's very far from what it's being portrayed as being.

Associate
The Guardian, which is proudly biased in favour of any claim of racism against anyone who isn't "white", analysed 845,000 tweets about it and found 44 (i.e. about 1 in 20,000) that the Guardian decided were racist (which probably means that none of them actually were racist). None of them could be traced to the UK.

While there might be some tiny amount of racism, it's very far from what it's being portrayed as being.

Racism in the UK is extremely subtle / witty. If you notice clear and obvious racism online, it most likely didn't come from someone in the UK.

There were however many documentaries about this, and the biggest point that black people in the UK make is that you will never notice cases of racism when they happen until you think about them years later after many repeat cases of similar behaviour.

Man of Honour
[..] (I honestly don't know if Bangladesh was a colony it's hard to keep track)

Sort of, in a way, ish :)

The Indian subcontinent was home to many different countries in the past. On a couple of occasions one of those countries succeeding in conquering enough of the others to form an empire, the biggest of which covered most of the Indian subcontinent for some centuries about 2000 years ago. Very successful as empires go, but of course it fell apart as empires do.

Time passed, countries rose and fell and merged and disappeared, the usual stuff.

The never-ending Islamic war of conquest of everywhere rolled over the Indian subcontinent, mass murder and slavery and all of the usual. So India was sort of unified but not really. It was too big for a bona fide unification.

The British empire's war/political conquest of almost everywhere rode up and took over with its usual mix of good and bad. It ended slavery but it was absolutely a ruling class. Another foreign ruling class. India remained sort of unified but not really. It was still too big for a bona fide unification.

The British empire fell apart as empires do and the whole of the Indian subcontinent was to be one country with its own government having the headache of a country that was sort of unified but not really. Still too big.

The politicians of India rejected India being one country because of the biggest, most intractible cause of lack of unification - religion. So the country was partitioned into 3 parts. Most of the Indian subcontinent became India and the two areas of the Indian subcontinent which had the highest proportion of people who were muslims became Pakistan, but those two areas were on opposite sides of the Indian subcontinent so Pakistan was in two completely seperate parts, seperated by a long way. Referred to as West Pakistan and East Pakistan.

A bit later, East Pakistan decided to not be part of Pakistan any more and declared independence, renaming itself Bangladesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom