Wolfenstein: The New Order

Man of Honour
Yep I have Old Blood installed to SSD as well, I am going to try it but if performance is still this bad I'm going to park it for a couple of years until I have a better CPU. I stuck another 100mhz on my overclock but framerate dropping below 30 on an RX480 8GB is ludicrous relative to the graphics quality.

Man of Honour
Try playing with the V-Sync settings, etc. the game caps at 60fps which can wreak havoc on your framerate if you are having trouble around 60fps or other configuration issue that conflicts with it pulling you down to half the V-Sync multiplier i.e. 30fps.

Man of Honour
ic1male;30481482 said:
Are you going to try The Old Blood and see if runs any better? I guess it must be a shoddy PC port. It ran fine when I played it on PS4 (1080p60 mostly).

So interestingly playing a bit of OB tonight it generally runs at 60fps solid aside from a small bit of stuttering into the 50s in an outside area (probably loading textures or somesuch). Will see how it fares as I progress through the game in different environments but thus far it seems to perform a lot better than NO. It does have more graphics options which maybe plays a factor.

heartburnron;30481497 said:
This wasn't a hard game to run for me in comparison to any of the other 100 odd games I've ran over the past 3 years. Did you try rolling back to some earlier drivers?

No, RX480 came out a couple of years after the game so wouldn't be supported by very old drivers. I did try two drivers versions however.

Rroff;30481501 said:
Try playing with the V-Sync settings, etc. the game caps at 60fps which can wreak havoc on your framerate if you are having trouble around 60fps or other configuration issue that conflicts with it pulling you down to half the V-Sync multiplier i.e. 30fps.

Vsync was off, also tried using console to remove framerate cap which 'worked' but obviously didn't really help a lot of the time because the framerate was under 60 anyway.

Overall this is a bit bizarre because generally I am not one to find that games perform badly relative to my hardware and the performance of others, usually I can tweak settings to get acceptable performance. The only times I've really had anything this bad in the past was when I was trying to run games on outdated hardware like Quake3 on a 3dfx Voodoo1 but that at least made sense and buying a better graphics card resolved the issue.

I wonder if there is some sort of issue with modern drivers and/or Win10.

Associate
Just picked this up for free on Epic store and seems fun but is this just another OpenGL game that runs like poop on AMD cards?

3900X, 6700XT, 16GB mem, 14409@144, Win10.

Watching GPU utilisation in HWiNFO shows the GPU is not really ramping up, mem and gpu clocks are low, gpu power never really goes above 70w.
FPS jumps around between 55 to 65 but lots of drops down into 40s, 30s. Game never feels smooth.

Found some 'fixes' like renaming the exe or editing the registry, which I guess is just getting around any in built driver profiles.
This 'helps' in that the FPS basically doubles but makes the game feel even choppier weirdly and have read the engine is meant to be capped at 60 otherwise it can break things.
So even though renaming the exe will have it hitting 70, 80+ fps it's just a mess.

Soldato
Just picked this up for free on Epic store and seems fun but is this just another OpenGL game that runs like poop on AMD cards?

3900X, 6700XT, 16GB mem, 14409@144, Win10.

Watching GPU utilisation in HWiNFO shows the GPU is not really ramping up, mem and gpu clocks are low, gpu power never really goes above 70w.
FPS jumps around between 55 to 65 but lots of drops down into 40s, 30s. Game never feels smooth.

Found some 'fixes' like renaming the exe or editing the registry, which I guess is just getting around any in built driver profiles.
This 'helps' in that the FPS basically doubles but makes the game feel even choppier weirdly and have read the engine is meant to be capped at 60 otherwise it can break things.
So even though renaming the exe will have it hitting 70, 80+ fps it's just a mess.

Make sure you enable vulkan APi

Edit

Sorry ignore wrong wolfenstein game. It's the new one that supports vulkan.

Back
Top Bottom