Woodworking tools

Soldato
Cheers. The rip fence is pretty solid, no movement at the front end and 2mm max at the other end. Currently looking at potentially running some t track at the far end that that fence runs along as a guide rail and can be tightened down to with a knob on the top for really accurate work

The fence itself was some improvisation with unistrut.

Soldato
I'll try and get some pics up of this weeks job when they come out of spraying. 2 smoked eucalyptus veneered sliding doors with inlaid brass. Veneers on panels going in different directions

Soldato
OP
I have just noticed I never ended up updating this thread!

Not a great deal has changed, I finished building the work bench, made a router sled and then had some other things I have had to focus on around the house but I finally hav some time to dwell in my garage! Well once all the decking boards are sorted.

But here is yesterdays lumber delivery, not loads but enough to make some small bits and practicing my skills again.

T6kOyI5.jpg

2 lengths of walnut 51x135x2400, 1 length of maple 51x240x3000 and a load of 15x50mm maple strips. Plan is some chopping boards, some catchalls, a keyboard case and then whatever other small bits I feel like making tbh. its rough sawn but all pretty flat and no twist or bow so shouldnt need to take too much off with the sled. I do keep eyeing up buying a table saw but I will hold out for a decent deal on a second hand one I think.

I will get some photos up of the workbench and sled. you can kind of see the bench in the photo but Ill get a better one. Any feedback or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom