My brother claims his 11 year old daughter stats are as follows

played 14

1 - 3
2 - 4
3 - 5
4 - 1
5 - 0
6 - 1

he keeps posting, oh she got it in 1 today or two today and it’s really winding me up :D

quite clearly she is cheating, can’t say owt as don’t want to accuse her of lying etc

Soldato

played 14

1 - 3
2 - 4
3 - 5
4 - 1
5 - 0
6 - 1

he keeps posting, oh she got it in 1 today or two today and it’s really winding me up :D

quite clearly she is cheating, can’t say owt as don’t want to accuse her of lying etc
My stats are as follows:
Played 26
1-0
2-1
3-10
4-9
5-4
6-1
Failed-1

Soldato
Played 14 and got it first go three times? Yeah, riiiiiiiiight.......lol I have no stats as it doesn't store them, coz of one of the browser addons I use.

5 for me today. Thought I'd been clever and nailed in in four, but nope!

:(:(:(:D:(
:(:(:):D:(
:(:D:(:D:D
:):D:(:D:D
:p:p:p:p:p

MOIST
FRESH
CAUSE
PASSE
:p:p:p:p:p
LAPSE

11.Mar.2022. Bit of a struggle here, and got it in 5. On the 4th-to-5th line, I had 4 possible 1st letters so I could have easily failed today's word. Words chosen are in the spoiler tag:

LOCKS
TREAD
CHART
HATCH
WATCH
My "outs" for the 1st letter on line 5 were B, M, P and W. I chose W and lucked out.

■■■■
■■
■■■
■■■■
■■■■■

Capodecina
Soldato
My first failure.

As others have said it could have been four seven words and by the end of it I still had another two to go.

:(:D:(:(:(
:):(:(:(:)
:(:(:(:):(
:(:(:(:(:D
:(:D:D:D:D
:(:D:D:D:D

Possibilities:

LATCH
BATCH
MATCH
CATCH
WATCH
PATCH
HATCH

Caporegime

played 14

1 - 3
2 - 4
3 - 5
4 - 1
5 - 0
6 - 1

Yes, those stats are highly dubious, unless she has got ridiculously lucky with her first guesses.

On the balance of probability, she is probably cheating.

Soldato

played 14

1 - 3
2 - 4
3 - 5
4 - 1
5 - 0
6 - 1

It's a bit of a meme now, in work we have a few numpties still posting their daily attempts and stats and announcing how easy it is..

Their averages used to be around 4.2 or so in the first 30 days, now they've been in competition with each other, everyone is a '2' or '3' with a '1' every couple of weeks.. and averages under 2.5..

As mentioned in a post I made a while back, the best and most efficient algorithms are not much under 3.5 average guesses across the entire dictionary of words and only just under 3 if they limit the dictionary to the selected choices Wordle pulls from.

So, it's almost laughable to see people so regularly getting it in '2' so regularly and almost never about '3'..

I had a discussion with one such individual that was a bit too vocal about anyone not getting it regularly under '3' isn't obviously intelligent enough.. The funny thing was, trying to explain how stupid that is considering even the best algorithms can't get close to that, he clearly didn't have the intelligence to understand or at least bring any argument to the table that shows he understands or to counter it.. just the usual "They'll never make a computer as intelligent as me".. which is true.. but I can show him a calculator that can comprehensively kick his ass..

What always makes me laugh is when you then fire up Wordguessr and I ask for a 'demonstration' of their skills.. they either baulk and run, or strangely start immediately on '4's and '5's and over 30 guesses might be lucky to average 4.5... then all the excuses come out..

Each to their own, but as much of a brain exercise Wordle is, finding effective proof of cheating is quite satisfying.. and it does make you pause for thought with some people, maybe it's a good test for a pathological liar.

Back
Top Bottom