Work trip to Bangkok

Soldato
a lot has changed, almost all bars have an outside terrace area these days
I used to frequent the Tilac bar, there was these blokes always playing domineos there, a large bloke with glasses and his mates. I was very good friends with a girl from that bar who sadly passed away :(

Now when I travel I go straight from the airport to Pattaya and meet up with some friends and family who live there. I am in the process of trying to book a flight going Qsuite on Qatar.

Don
I used to frequent the Tilac bar, there was these blokes always playing domineos there, a large bloke with glasses and his mates. I was very good friends with a girl from that bar who sadly passed away :(

Now when I travel I go straight from the airport to Pattaya and meet up with some friends and family who live there. I am in the process of trying to book a flight going Qsuite on Qatar.

done Qsuite several times and it's superb, Qatar frequently change aircraft type though so don't rely on getting what you booked, A380 is good too as you can sit and get ****faced at the bar :p

Soldato
I’ll be over in April but only in BK for a couple of days , me and the missus plan to head North to Chiang Mai for a week or so then a few days around SiRacha visiting some of her family
Similar here....in BK for a few days, head up to Chiang Mai for a few.....then fly down to Samui and probably hit Koh Tao :)

Last edited:
Soldato
done Qsuite several times and it's superb, Qatar frequently change aircraft type though so don't rely on getting what you booked, A380 is good too as you can sit and get ****faced at the bar :p

:D Classic, I have a rule that I only drink when I arrive. Had one too many hangovers on a flight lol

Soldato
I'm heading there in Feb for 2 weeks and was there in August as my sister is out there with her family.
Taking the family with me this time, went just myself in August.

I love that you can just do so much. It's such a great city with so much going on. Each time is totally different.

Don
:D Classic, I have a rule that I only drink when I arrive. Had one too many hangovers on a flight lol

I did LHR to DOH on A380 and then onto BKK, came into land at BKK and I thought it was Doha, no recollection of connecting or 2nd flight at all, missus says she just set the bed up, chucked duvet on and left me

Soldato
I did LHR to DOH on A380 and then onto BKK, came into land at BKK and I thought it was Doha, no recollection of connecting or 2nd flight at all, missus says she just set the bed up, chucked duvet on and left me

Doing KLM business this time. Seat reclines flat but the layout is a bit odd looking. Just under £2700 return

Last edited:
Associate
ahhh.. home sweet home..
Hoping the smoke/forest fires have all died down now up north... usually march/april time the air quality is almost toxic

Soldato
You went to the big Mango on business and never made a trip to Nana plaza ! Or dragged kicking and screaming Into the Thermao cafe on Sukumvit Road !

Oh Spankys , the memories linger for ever.

Best party city on the planet . I've only ever been there a few times - honest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom