Working christmas Day.

Soldato
I have regularly worked Christmas Day over the past few years due to the way my shifts have worked in, minimal extra cash too. I'm really pleased to be off for the first time in four years with the only downside being that I go back to work on New Year's Eve and I'm also working January 1st.

Being at home on Christmas Day with my little family, watching my son tearing open his presents is a far more important to me than a boozy Hogmanay.

Soldato
I used to work over the christmas period when I was working for Greene King including Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and day :(

Lucky for me this year my last day November 30th and not back until 2nd Jan :D (will have to much leave owning to me other wise because I never take any Holiday.)

Soldato
I wish I could tbh, I resent the fact that I have to give up 4-6 days of my holiday each year to Christmas. I'd rather ignore it and spend those days off as I wished.

Soldato
I'm currently scheduled to be working Christmas Day. Gonna be working 1.30pm to 10pm, at triple time wages.

I am however currently awaiting word back on whether I can have the day off as a holiday or not. I really would rather not go to work that day if I can avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom