Working In The EU

Caporegime
The EU is sensible in that if your wife moves and gets a job within the EU, which requires no permit, then as her spouse they don't want you sitting at home doing nothing so you will get a work permit that is dependent on your wife.

Associate
Soldato
OP
The EU is sensible in that if your wife moves and gets a job within the EU, which requires no permit, then as her spouse they don't want you sitting at home doing nothing so you will get a work permit that is dependent on your wife.
Does this mean I'd have to wait for her to get a job before I get one? The way things are it's more likely I'd be offered a job first.

Caporegime
Does this mean I'd have to wait for her to get a job before I get one? The way things are it's more likely I'd be offered a job first.
depends on the country, but quite possibly. It may be possible if you first move then your wife can get a work or residence permit and you will associated with that. But EU FoM does not guarantee the right to simply live elsewhere, it is a right to work and states can enforce the job requirement. E.g. in Switzerland, as an EU citizen you have 90days to live and find work, otherwise you could in theory be deported, and you may need to show bank balances and a CV to show you can both support yourself for those 90 days and have a reasonable chance of finding a job.

Back
Top Bottom