Working lunch - what do you eat?

Soldato
Hi

There will be no judgement from me but I won't be held reasonable if someone else calls you a fat ********.

I'm just canvassing what to have for lunch when I'm working. I guess after 25 years of working and having "lunch" I'm just bored and ran out of ideas of what to eat.

I suppose it all depends on what your working hours are and if you work at home, in a place where food shops are nearby or in the middle of nowhere but I think I've been though all the phrases...
I have had it when I used to buy food from the cateen, brought sandwiches from the local shop, made sandwiches to bring in, brought in pie, ordered take aways, fast food restaurants, salads, sushi, huel shakes..

At the moment, I seem to be making sandwiches for when I'm the office as I work in the middle of nowhere, we do have a cateen with cafe food, i.e. cakes and sandwiches and the odd third party takeaway van offers a curry, but I can't be eating a curry at 12pm.

When working from home I tend it it a x salad warp, be it chicken, ham, cornbeef etc... some days I have raimen noodles...

surely there's something that I'm missing that I could eat for lunch, or am I doom to a life of boredom?

Associate
I've always bought sandwiches out somewhere cheap, just for the convenience factor. It also felt like a bit of a perk of having to go into the office.

I think the best approach is probably bringing in a salad, from a health and cost perspective. But I could never keep it up for more than a couple of days.

Associate
I have been bodybuilding for almost 20 years, so there isn't really such thing as lunch. But when I worked in an office (work from home now), id just be bringing my bag of prepped food for the day. At home I just cooked my meals fresh.

Before I got into bodybuilding, I'd make my self some nice sandwiches like BLT or prawn cocktail and have some crisps and a chocolate bar

Soldato
I have tried it, it’s just a thick drink. Would much rather enjoy a nice ham salad sandwich
Yes it's a drink. The thick bit is on you though, make mine more like milk consistency 90g to 600ml water.
Each to their own, the other perk I have is that being able to drink my dinner in a minute or two means I don't technically take a dinner break and I get to leave work 30 minutes early.

Associate
My work lunch varies and also depends if I'm at home or in the office.

If I'm at home, I'll either grab a meal from earlier in the week from the freezer and have that for lunch, or I'll have some toast or a panini.

At work my lunch rotates between a salad, a sandwich/roll and a burrito bowl... or a Burger King or Subway if one of my colleagues nudges me enough to join in with an order (usually once a month).
Sometimes I'll take a leftover lasagna, enchillada or cottage pie from the previous day's dinner.

Associate
I usually have a prepped meal of chicken + sweet potato and some sort of veg. Season the chicken with a spice sachet and it tastes great and is pretty cheap, about £2 a meal.

Associate
Just lately a large tub of salad, with homemade dressing, cheese, tomatoes, onion and peppers. About 4 or 5 chocolate bars, a sandwich of some sort. Quiche. Yoghurt. Noodles or soup. 1 or 2 packets of crisps.

Associate
Whern I can be bothered to do it I set the slow cooker up on a Sunday and either make a chilli, or cook up some chicken breast with some peppers/onions/carrots, and throw some fajita seasoning in there. Throw some cheese on it and stick it in containers that I can just grab. Minimal fuss and takes the thought process out of it. Important for me because there's no angel/devil on my shoulders. Just a couple of fat ***** that always want cake.

Soldato
Huel for me. I may have a bag of crisps with it. Leaves about 45 mins to go for a walk.

Mix it the night before. Leave it in the fridge overnight to blend better. My subscription renews every 10 weeks so it's not a great costs for the convenience.

Back
Top Bottom