World Community Grid Challenge

Soldato
OP
ok heres the page we all wanted to see, currently 25th was 22 place, hope we can turn up the juice
http://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/stats_team_all.php?proj=wcg&lang=en

GO TEAM OcUK

Nice find, I'll add it to post 1.

Ah seems the fightAids or cleanenergy(change profile settings if you only get 1) are the 1`s to do as once you been accepted they dont need to be validated.
http://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/6_en_The%20WorkUnits.html

Worth thinking about, but I'm quite keen myself on doing the cancer markers, doesn't quite feel right to ditch it just for points.

And we're now back up to 24th, top 20 would be nice ;)

Associate
Nice find, I'll add it to post 1.

Worth thinking about, but I'm quite keen myself on doing the cancer markers, doesn't quite feel right to ditch it just for points.

And we're now back up to 24th, top 20 would be nice ;)

I know the feeling about changing for the points, not my fav choice doing aids lol, just had a friend die of cancer as well, but just for the 9 days of the comp might be ok, even tho im not soo sure that they dont have to be validated still, i shall ask on the forums

Associate
Here are a couple handy charts for points and run times at WCG.

WCGProjectPointsPerHour.png

WCGProjectWorkUnitTime2.png

MGP

MGP

Soldato
No middle management would claim to understand and write all sorts of reports and memos on it. Upper management will demand meetings so they can delegate and instruct a consultant to dissect it, reinvent the wheel and then reproduce it in a different colour scheme. In the meantime an undergraduate can write a thesis on it.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Some sub-project WUs give more points than others.
Some sub-project WUs take longer than others.

I'm taking what I'm given which seems highly weighted towards MCM for some reason.

To whom do I send my consultancy invoice to ?

Back
Top Bottom