♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ World Cup 2014 - Brazil, June 12 - July 13 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Soldato
Only a few months away. Hope it turns out to be great event and the current riots won't impact the quality of the preparation.... What are your plans for the World Cup?

Full TV Listings - http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-world-cup-football-on-tv.html

5pm, 8pm and 11pm are when the games will be played.

What games are you looking forward to?

Spain v Holland
England v Italy
England v Uruguay
Germany v Portugal
Belgium v Russia

Colombia vs Ivory Coast might be worth a watch but seeing as how Falcao injured and won't take part, its taking the sting out of that fixture. Falcao vs Drogba could have been fun to watch.

zvrclx.jpg

Hopefully these will be banned.

2wg8zlf.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
So, time to start thinking about the England team.

Should Sterling and Oxlade-Chamberlain go? What about Adam Johnson? Who should England play in Midfield? Is Lampard too old to start?

Caporegime
GK: Hart
RB: ?
LB: Baines
CB: Cahill, Jagielka
CM: Gerrard
LM: ?
RM: ?
FW: Rooney, Sturridge

No idea outside of those players but I'd like to see Shaw ahead of Cole and Henderson over the likes of Cleverley.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I'm not even going to bother getting on the England train this time & will just enjoy the World cup for what it is.
I'm just hoping for some decent draws like Spain v Germany.

Soldato
OP
GK: Hart
RB: ?
LB: Baines
CB: Cahill, Jagielka
CM: Gerrard
LM: ?
RM: ?
FW: Rooney, Sturridge

No idea outside of those players but I'd like to see Shaw ahead of Cole and Henderson over the likes of Cleverley.

No chance of Luke Shaw getting a start over Cole. Shaw hasn't even really been in the England side if at all?

Milner at RM surely? He has been outstanding for City when he plays.

Soldato
On current form Sterling would be in my team.

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Walker; Wilshere, Gerrard; Sterling, Rooney, Lallana; Sturridge

Not the worst team in the world, but obviously I'm not expecting great things. I'm more interested to see how Belgium get on.

Associate
Biting my nails with FIFA's ticketing system! It seems to be quite similar to London 2012 the way they are doing it.

tickets_zpsb625b87c.jpg

As you can imagine, I'm pretty confident Iran v Nigeria won't be a problem, but the other two are causing me stress. Won't be in the right place at the right time to catch England unfortunately but just being there soaking up the atmosphere should be incredible.

Anyone else making the trip?

Last edited:
Soldato
On current form Sterling would be in my team.

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Walker; Wilshere, Gerrard; Sterling, Rooney, Lallana; Sturridge

Not the worst team in the world, but obviously I'm not expecting great things. I'm more interested to see how Belgium get on.

Pretty much my team bar Walker and Sturridge..they aren't good enough i don't think..i hope Sturridge proves us wrong tho and smashes a whole load in..

I'd probably start Henderson in the middle with Gerrard, they've been excellent this season. Hendo's work rate would be a good little cog for wilshere and gerrard.

Would like to see Ox get a look in as well. Were not going to be able to play direct quick football over there really, if we do, we done for. We need plenty of bodies in the middle playing off the front rather than route one

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Would love Belgium to get absolutely tanked one way or another

Why? They have one of the best sides in the cup. They should be able to hold their own.

Pretty much my team bar Walker and Sturridge..they aren't good enough i don't think..i hope Sturridge proves us wrong tho and smashes a whole load in..

Sturridge not good enough? he is one of the in form strikers in the country. Maybe Welbeck should start ahead of him? :D

Soldato
Sturridge not good enough? he is one of the in form strikers in the country. Maybe Welbeck should start ahead of him? :D

Well yeah Welbeck is a possibility, he's a beast, gets round the pitch loads. I'd prefer Rooney up top not with him doing the leg work rather than Rooney doing the leg work for Sturridge. Sturridge is not intelligent enough for me, like i said, i hope the WC is the stage he's waiting for and turns it on for us. I'm sceptical though, i'd use him as a super sub, he does an eye for goal,i'll give him that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sturridge is the 2nd top scorer in the premier league, he is currently the best English striker. I would play him up top with rooney in behind. The biggest problem that England have though is that Cahill and Jageilka are very average CBs.

Caporegime
Not sure how I'm going to watch this now, as I'll be living in a different country, anyone know if France have the same sort of "crown jewel" sports for free to air that we do in Britain?

Back
Top Bottom