World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OLED burn-in finally solved by boffins in white coats, coming to an OLED monitor near you somewhen mayhaps:

Probably won't be for a few years at least. Whenever I hear about such breakthroughs they either take ages to come out or don't at all.

Soldato
After months of going back and forth with Alienware Customer Service I escalated my issue to the senior team and they have offered me a full refund on my Alienware QD-OLED.

I received a replacement refurb back in December as the first panel had issues coming out of sleep mode and the replacement started having these issues too. Went through countless exchanges with customer service who made me try 1000 different things and were just giving me the run around. Quite a few people on the Dell forums have experienced similar issues and the only way to "fix it" is to unplug the monitor power plug and plug it back in. For some the latest firmware fixed the issue but it didn't for me.

After several exchanges with the senior management team they offered to take the monitor and inspect it further but could take 2 months or for me to return it for a full refund. Given the nightmare I've had with the monitor I've opted for the refund as I have no faith they will address/fix this issue.

Associate
Will going from AW3423DW to C4 42 inch for PC gaming be a downgrade picture and color quality wise? LG is still offering ultrawide resolution support from game optimiser menu, right? I am asking that because would not like to stop playing games in 21:9 aspect ratio. Desk space is not an issue and I like the fact that LG gives me so many options to alter my picture settings in comparison to DW. But I am afraid to lose color volume and color brightness going from qd oled to woled.

Last edited:
Associate
Will going from AW3423DW to C4 42 inch for PC gaming be a downgrade picture and color quality wise? LG is still offering ultrawide resolution support from game optimiser menu, right? I am asking that because would not like to stop playing games in 21:9 aspect ratio. Desk space is not an issue and I like the fact that LG gives me so many options to alter my picture settings in comparison to DW. But I am afraid to lose color volume and color brightness going from qd oled to woled.

I have the DW and the C2 42" and can say you'll be happy. Picture quality/colour are very good. The 4k res is also definitely a nice noticeable jump in quality.

I used my DW a lot more as I preferred the size and higher refresh rate.

Associate
Even if the TV doesn’t have ultrawide mode you can still create custom resolution.

Associate
C4 should be competitive in terms of brightness at this point especially vs a gen 1 panel.

Back
Top Bottom