*** World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth ***

Associate
I mostly play classic but have been dipping in and out of retail. I've not played much bfa content as I last actively played during Cataclysm, so I'm just enjoying catching up on what I've missed although the game feels massively different to the one I played 8 years ago.

Permabanned
i played this only a handful of times many years ago, i enjoyed it , even though i was limited time on there, whats this classic you speak off?

Its the original WOW relaunched. If you have a subscription you can play retail(the current latest version with all expansions) or classic (the original version, as yet without any expansions).

Associate
I've played this a lot more since last posting, I forgot how much fun it was playing a Death Knight! The Legion class quests are good fun and I like how I can hearth and portal between WotLK, Legion and BFA quests (I'm after Champion of the Frozen Wastes, Invincible and Shadowmourne - I always wanted those back when WotLK was current).

Soldato
Bought this while it was on sale to scratch an MMO itch I was having, that and I'm actually kind of interested in Shadowlands so I figure having some 120's ready to jump into the new expansion is an idea.

I hit 120 pretty quickly on my warrior, just clearing out the single player content at the moment. It isn't really grabbing me the way some of the older content did, but then I've always leaned towards raiding more anyway and I've yet to dip my toe into that part of BFA yet.

I did have a bit of a chuckle after finishing one quest though:

CANNIBAL.jpg

I've 20 days left on my sub and chances are I'll let it lapse until the new expansion launches.

Associate
Have a question as i am returning to Wow.

I have an ultrawide 3440x1440 and in game it does support it nicely, but the login screen and all cinematics have black bars top bottom and left and right. Is there something i need to do or cutscenes are not supporting ultra wide? Even loading screen is not ultrawide, i am on a free account atm.

Soldato
Have a question as i am returning to Wow.

I have an ultrawide 3440x1440 and in game it does support it nicely, but the login screen and all cinematics have black bars top bottom and left and right. Is there something i need to do or cutscenes are not supporting ultra wide? Even loading screen is not ultrawide, i am on a free account atm.

I'm paid and have the same issue. These screens were designed before 1080p+ was more mainstream.
It looks dirty but just ignore it, the game is superb in UW.

Anyone on these forums still actively play bfa?

I am, yes. Been working on a few achievements but loosing my drive to play atm as the prepatch isn't far away and M+ counts for nothing now.
They're still fun though.

Associate
I'm paid and have the same issue. These screens were designed before 1080p+ was more mainstream.
It looks dirty but just ignore it, the game is superb in UW.

I am, yes. Been working on a few achievements but loosing my drive to play atm as the prepatch isn't far away and M+ counts for nothing now.
They're still fun though.
I am new in UW and i struggle with black bars especially when a cinematic not only has the left and right ones but top and bottom you lose so much screen estate. But yeah in game it looks gorgeous

I played after 5 years SC2 and i was annoyed to be honest with the black bar situation there - since the UW person has the upper hand against the 16:9 person so they don't allow 21:9 at all. So why Bliz you allow SC1 players to have 4:3 yet the remastered one to be 16:9? Even with the "better" aspect i still get my behind handed to me by the pros anyway...

Soldato
I am new in UW and i struggle with black bars especially when a cinematic not only has the left and right ones but top and bottom you lose so much screen estate. But yeah in game it looks gorgeous

I played after 5 years SC2 and i was annoyed to be honest with the black bar situation there - since the UW person has the upper hand against the 16:9 person so they don't allow 21:9 at all. So why Bliz you allow SC1 players to have 4:3 yet the remastered one to be 16:9? Even with the "better" aspect i still get my behind handed to me by the pros anyway...

This is my first UW as well and i bloody love it!!!
I can totally see why people go for the 38/49" screens :D

Back
Top Bottom