World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
OP
After switching server to play a class I've never played on a faction and race I've never played either. I can't help but feel like a bit of a cop out.

Ideally, I'll be raiding and PvP 50/50, I'm in a great guild who are supporting me as I get lvled up. I've got a 31 druid but I feel like I'm just not going to be helpful at all in raid as resto, let alone DPS. I started a rogue, I miss rogue, it's a lot of fun. But the lvling ability is absolutely gash.

Are my fears just regarding the druid or should I continue on my rogue? It's either that or lvl a shadow priest and switch to healer for raiding which I don't mind.

Soldato
After switching server to play a class I've never played on a faction and race I've never played either. I can't help but feel like a bit of a cop out.

Ideally, I'll be raiding and PvP 50/50, I'm in a great guild who are supporting me as I get lvled up. I've got a 31 druid but I feel like I'm just not going to be helpful at all in raid as resto, let alone DPS. I started a rogue, I miss rogue, it's a lot of fun. But the lvling ability is absolutely gash.

Are my fears just regarding the druid or should I continue on my rogue? It's either that or lvl a shadow priest and switch to healer for raiding which I don't mind.

Resto Druids are good, they bring innervate and a combat res, it's only really 5 mans I find that they miss out on having the out of combat resurrect. You can always take a Shaman/Paladin/Priest as DPS though with the Druid and then you have the res

Soldato
Got this bad boy today :eek:

unknown.png

Hoping the gbank will provide most of the mats :o

Congrats on getting the eye.

We got our first eye 2 weeks ago, it is classed as a PVP item in terms of loot prio and our process is that gbank will sell the ingots at half the market rate, and provide the other mats only available from MC. Everything else has to be collected by the winner.

As a PVE focus casual guild the hammer is actually negative value to our purpose. I think this approach was perfect. Everyone who rolled for the eye was fully aware of this as well. Our winner got it crafted within 4 days.

Soldato
Nightfall is for off tanks! Your dps will suffer hugely, and as an ench shaman is semi viable pve build that would be shame for you to have to use it.

Associate
Still playing this. My server died(flamelash) Alliance decided we were tired of what seemed to be 70-30% horde split and everyone took the free character transfer before it closed on Friday and left. Leaving it now a 100% horde server.

The thing is, you basically could not use any boat and every flight path was camped plus constant gank squads I'm sure the horde are pee'd off but they basically made the game unplayable for alliance which I'm sure they thought was hilarious. Who's laughing now? New server is so much better!

Man of Honour
Since when did the meaning of “gank” change?

Since playing SWG, I always understood it to be a Gang Kill ( many v one or few ).

Way back when, that was indeed its meaning, its where it came from Gang Killing , shortened to Ganking. Over the years though its become used to mean getting killed by a group , getting killed by a single player who is a higher level, getting killed more than once in a row by the same player, getting killed while fighting a mob, getting killed while afk, getting killed while low on life....essentially, getting killed. :D

Soldato
Still playing this. My server died(flamelash) Alliance decided we were tired of what seemed to be 70-30% horde split and everyone took the free character transfer before it closed on Friday and left. Leaving it now a 100% horde server.

The thing is, you basically could not use any boat and every flight path was camped plus constant gank squads I'm sure the horde are pee'd off but they basically made the game unplayable for alliance which I'm sure they thought was hilarious. Who's laughing now? New server is so much better!

I don't get why Blizz just didn't implement a server cap that means it won't allow creation of any more characters on that faction (per account basis), if the balance gets beyond say 55-45.

I think they should also be open and honest and display the faction balance on the server select screen, its bad for both sides when the balance is so far over either way.

Associate
I don't get why Blizz just didn't implement a server cap that means it won't allow creation of any more characters on that faction (per account basis), if the balance gets beyond say 55-45.

I think they should also be open and honest and display the faction balance on the server select screen, its bad for both sides when the balance is so far over either way.

Absolutely agree. But not only that blizzard should have only given Horde the option of free character transfers. What sense is their to allow minority to all leave and then completely destroy the server all together.

I would have not left the server at all, infact i was looking forward to the instant Bg ques for alliance. But No way i was staying when 90% alliance had left. Including all raiding guilds and every one in mine.

Soldato

Only on PVP. Back in the day there were plenty of PVE servers which were 80-95% Alliance or Horde and it was never a problem. Horde usually did OK on the heavy Alliance servers, as they could get decent cash from Deviate Delight recipes.

Soldato
Only on PVP. Back in the day there were plenty of PVE servers which were 80-95% Alliance or Horde and it was never a problem. Horde usually did OK on the heavy Alliance servers, as they could get decent cash from Deviate Delight recipes.

Well it is irrelevant on PvE, sine you opt in or out of PvP and balance has much less of an effect.

I was on a highly Horde populated server 2005 onward, and found it to be somewhat boring from a PvP side of things due to the abandonment of the other faction.

Caporegime
I got fed up on Flamelash weeks ago and rerolled. Wish I knew there was a FCM though, that would've been great.

The Horde are completely insufferable on that server. The lengths they'd go to to kill someone 20 levels lower than them for zero benefit at all is pathetic. Hope they're enjoying their dead server, they deserve it.

Associate
I got fed up on Flamelash weeks ago and rerolled. Wish I knew there was a FCM though, that would've been great.

The Horde are completely insufferable on that server. The lengths they'd go to to kill someone 20 levels lower than them for zero benefit at all is pathetic. Hope they're enjoying their dead server, they deserve it.

what server are you on now? Everyone has moved to earthshaker

Soldato
Paid Character Transfers are now available in Classic. Usual rules apply afaik. £19.
Usual rules from early implementation of PCT apply.

Gold limits way below retail, and a 90 day cooldown. Max gold that can be taken is 2k for a level 51+ character.

Back
Top Bottom