1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft: Classic

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by agnes, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Xire

Mobster

Ive always avoided taking Riposte, not sure why, lvling a rogue now, might respecc and try it.

2. chroniclard

Capodecina

What you need is one of each class, then rotate through them running dungeons with rested xp. :)

3. Edinho

Mobster

Was going to say. Warriors are the slowest boring class I've played.

4. SarGara

Hitman

I've heard Paladins are worse, if you can believe that.

5. Diddums

Capodecina

Level 40 is where it's at, their whole play style changes. A well-played warrior will decimate a rogue in seconds, the only class I really struggled against were mages. I had a priest buddy back then and we used to absolutely melt faces together, it was immense fun.

No pocket healer means tearing your eyeballs out in frustration though.

6. Diddums

Capodecina

Paladins are boring as hell to play, their whole rotation and DPS output is RNG based, but they're the king of single target healing output in the end game. They suck as tanks, they suck as DPS. Warrior can excel at both of these. Swings & roundabouts I guess.

I've MT'd on every plate class there is, DK is the most fun, Warrior is the most mobile, Paladin is the most utility / most cooldowns, but I'm heavily in to retail territory here.

7. kindai

Soldato

It will proc twice to 3 times per mob and is a huge damage output as well as reducing your own damage incoming.

8. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Paladin didn't really get its MT tools until TBC. We ran the whole of TBC with a Paladin MT, though.

9. agnes

Capodecina

I disagree to an extent, I remember back in vanilla face rolling all over warriors. It was a common mistake they made going toe to toe with a warrior. Just need crippling poison and keep up bleeds. Out of that, yea, warrior squishes rogues.

I've done the same, got a warlock which has played the AH and netted me some very tidy profits. Kitting my rogue out and it's a great load of fun now, Lv's 14-20 were horrible though!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  10. SarGara

Hitman

How is everyones AV rep grind going?

I had a really satisfying game while defending where the druid NPCs were triggered at the perfect time, they wiped the attackers and allowed us to retake the GY outside base. We went on to win..... Almost makes up for the prior 3 games where its over in 8mins.

11. Simmz

Wise Guy

[​IMG]

I'm exalted so got my pig on a stick now :p

Running the above gear for PVP with a few changes for PVE. Got lucky on my savage glad chain as dropped on the 4th run, however HOJ was a different story haha.

Got all the mats for Hand of rag, but sadly the eye hasn't dropped yet, but having fun being allowed to raid as the only enhancement Shammy.

12. Jokester

Don

Haha! Once it is seen, it can not be unseen! :cool:

we’ve not had Eye of Ragnaros either yet.

I’m really just looking for the T2 priest pants now, everything else I have is give or take as good as it gets.

BWL is due out in a couple of weeks time or so so I’m pretty well prepared.

The funny thing is, we’re short of dps, particularly melee.

13. Puppetmaster

Soldato

194 BRD Arena runs and still no chest :rolleyes:

14. Digital X

Sgarrista

I've redownloaded WoW, how do I get "Classic" ? Is it an option on the launcher?

15. 4Play

Hitman

Separate download I believe in the client.

16. Puppetmaster

Soldato

Above the play button for Wow, should be a drop down menu with classic in the battle.net app.

17. Digital X

Sgarrista

Got it , thanks.

18. Syla5

Soldato

Actually once they get access to consecrate they are one of the best levelling tanks available, the only time they become unviable really is endgame because of a lack of role specific items past end game blues and some purples, and the lack of taunt.

Yeap nope you cant believe it, warriors are widely known to be the worst class to level, where paladins have a boring rotation relying on auto attacks and judgement cooldowns, warriors is even worse, spam sunder until the mob is almost dead then Heroic strike, auto attack to victory. Level 36 when you get whirlwind is the first time you get access to a non auto attack based damage ability. Some compared to paladins even the attack rotation for warriors is worse, then you remove the utility and sustainability of paladins (bubble, heal, remove poisons/disease/magic) and you are left with warrior.

Paladins do get more pigeonholed at 60, but they excel at their role.

19. James J

Capodecina

So on my rogue I've got 5 tier 1, 0 tier 2 (although next in line for the helm even though its less crit urgh), core hound tooth but still no perditions blade. Been killing ragnaros for over 3 months now and we had 1 which went to a rogue who then quit the game 2 weeks later lol. Its so frustrating to have stunted dps because the weapon I need never drops! Sure my DPS is good, but its not anywhere near as good as it could be -.-

Due to that, I'm struggling to find the will to log in outside of raids now. We've had more eye of sulfuras than the dagger from the same boss.... same with the sword and axe!

20. Ske

Gangster

What are you using instead of Perd? Lobo, Gutgore Ripper? I'm currently grinding AV rep for the Lobo & Ring. Yet to have done MC as I can't commit to a certain time. Tempted to dive in a PUG this weekend as there's several that clear it regularly on Shazzrah.