‘World of Warcraft’ video game currency now worth more than Venezuelan money.

Soldato
People still play WoW in 2017?

A few million, last count was around 5.5 mil but it's lower than that now. Blizzard made the mistake of simultaneously switching to cater to the casual players that come and go, and the hardcore elitist players, but as a result neglected the people in between (most players) as a result they lost 66% of the high end raiders in a single expansion and it's now pretty hard to keep guilds going as there isn't really an influx of new players like there used to be (that and they doubled the amount of people required).

Bolivar Fordragon died a hero
He's still alive, he took over as lich king

Soldato
People still play WoW in 2017?

I loved it in 2005-2009 (so Vanilla and Burning Crusade), then it went downhill after that.

Yeah. One of the best expansions yet I reckon. I'm as engaged now as a I was in TBC\WoTLK

Bolivar Fordragon died a hero

:p. He's still alive. ;)

It did. I think the subscriber numbers are dwindling fast now. Especially with games like ESO being "free to play" and just better.

Free to play usually means worse!

Soldato
this is actually more shocking than realising the last Harry potter book came out 19 years ago.

NO it didnt

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh and last book in the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. It was released on 21 July, 2007 at 00:01 am local time in English-speaking countries."

Soldato
this is actually more shocking than realising the last Harry potter book came out 19 years ago.
NO it didnt

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh and last book in the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. It was released on 21 July, 2007 at 00:01 am local time in English-speaking countries."

The reason so many think it was 19 years ago is because the "19 years later" scene at the end was set in 2017 and there's a lot of memes going around about how "19 years laters is this year".

NB: The books themselves were set between 1991-1998, it's often surprising how often people fail to notice this due to the focus on the magic and not the muggle technology or lack thereof.

Back
Top Bottom